Double Trouble (part 2)

Lee Know looked up as he heard the light knock on the door. He didn't answer straight away, his heart growing heavy as he heard the sorrowful sniffling on the other side of the door.

"Lee Know-hyung," he heard I.N call in a small voice. "It's me, Jeongin."

"Come in, Innie," Lee Know told him as he straightened himself up from where he sat on the bed.

The door opened and I.N slowly entered. He closed the door softly behind him, then shuffled over to stand before his hyung with his head bowed.

"I...I just wanted to apologize, hyung." He paused and his face flushed with embarrassment. "I'm not trying to get out of the spanking or making you go softer on me. I just want you to know I...I am so sorry, hyung."

He burst into tears again, gasping for breath as he sobbed hard.

Lee Know didn't move. He wasn't hard-hearted. It was very much the opposite in fact. His heart was aching as he studied his maknae. It was just that unlike Chan, Lee Know did not believe in comforting his members during a punishment. He believed in getting it over and done with, so they could all just move on. It was a punishment after all. Chan on the other hand could spend an hour delivering a small spanking, because he would cuddle and comfort the members the whole way through. He was especially bad with it when it came to Felix and I.N. But once again, maybe it was more of a cultural difference.

Lee Know finally reached out and pulled I.N closer.

"Why are you sorry, Jeongin?" he asked, dropping the fond nickname to remind I.N of the situation.

"Because what I did was mean, and it hurt you."

Lee Know gave a slight nod.

"What you did was extremely hurtful to me, Jeongin, but that isn't the main reason I am punishing you. I don't want you to think of this punishment as my revenge on you. I am punishing you because I don't want anyone else to feel what I felt earlier today. If I ever hear that you played this prank on anyone else, you won't be sitting for a month, do you hear me?"

Jeongin nodded, his eyes growing wide in fright. While he knew his hyung would never seriously hurt him, he didn't really doubt his threat either.

"I won't, hyung. I promise."

Lee Know's gaze softened slightly.

"I know you won't," he replied. He took I.N's hand in his and gently pulled him forwards over his lap. "I know Chan spanked you, so I am just going to start with the brush."

Jeongin nodded, but a bit of tension left his tense shoulders. He had totally been expecting a "warm up" spanking first. His feelings of relief vanished as Lee Know brought the wide brush sharply down across his rear.

"Hyunnnggg," I.N wailed, his fingers digging into Lee Know's leg as the pain blossomed through his whole backside.

Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack!

"You do not ever prank someone like that, Jeongin," Lee Know was now scolding. "It wasn't funny." Smack! "It wasn't a joke." Smack! "It was bullying."

Smack!

I.N arched his back, almost toppling off Lee Know's lap as his hyung emphasized the last word with a particularly hard blow.

"I'm sorry, hyung," I.N sobbed. "I shouldn't have done it."

"No, you shouldn't have," Lee Know agreed. "And even if it was Hyunjin's idea, it was your decision to go along with it and not say anything sooner."

I.N cried softly. He had been trying to ease his guilt and mentally blaming Hyunjin for talking him into it, but he couldn't convince himself any longer.