Tadakasura Creates Havoc

"Swami, how can I bear children when Goddess Rati's curse forbids it?"

Her eyes were moist, and She spoke in a soft voice, with Her head lowered.

Shiva could sense the hurt in Her voice. Her eyes glistened like water under the moon beam.

"Parvati, I know that I am the cause of Your misery. Had I not burnt Kama, You would not have to face this. I'll not unhappiness surround You ever again. It is My responsibility to fulfil Your wish. Don't worry, there is a solution."

Her eyes lit up at His words. "Really Swami? How can I become a Mother when I cannot yield a child from My womb?"

He held Her hand, looking into Her eyes earnestly. ", Parvati, the curse forbade You from bearing a child in Your womb. That doesn't mean You can't become a Mother. We can create a child by merging Our powers."

As per His plan, They moved to a nearby cave to sit in meditation and combine Their powers.

They were greeted by the Gods and inhabitants of Swarga at the cave entrance who reached there before Them. They wanted to speak to Lord Shiva and had followed Him on His way.

"My Lord, only the son born to You and Goddess Parvati can put an end to Tadakasura's atrocities." They told Him everything about Tadakasura's origin and how he had terrorised all the three worlds.

Tadakasura, the demon king who thought he could outsmart death.

_____________________________________________

"May only the son of Shiva be the cause of my death!"

Lord Brahma obliged to his wish and granted him the boon he had prayed for since years.

Tadakasura was the son of the decent Vajrangi, who had a body made of thunder and lightning diamonds.

Previously, Vajrangi had captured the Gods of Heaven, upon His Mother, Diti's wish. But on hearing His aunt Aditi's request, He released Them saying that He had done only what His Mother asked Him to do.

Pleased with His simplicity, Lord Brahma blessed Him and created a dutiful and loving wife for Him, named Vajrangi.

Vajrang gave up the ways of the demons and took to righteousness. But His Mother was not convinced, as the Gods were still free of misery. She influenced Vajrangi to ask Him for a boon, in return for Her affection of a wife.

To fulfil her desire, Vajrang underwent penance to have a son who would rule over the three worlds. He was dumbstruck at how his mother and wife had behaved, contrary to his values and ideals. He left the child to their care and retired from His duties.

Diti raised the child to be the sole cause of the misery of the Gods. She wanted revenge on her sister, out of jealousy of Her ever flourishing prosperity. She felt that they  treated her unfairly and with injustice.

Tadakasura grew up into a powerful and strong demon. He too followed his father's footsteps and performed austerities, just like all the other demons did. They always depended on the Gods for their powers and yet wanted to defeat Them in return for Their generosity.

Hearing the entire backstory, Parvati was surprised beyond words. "Is this the same Asura who time and again creates havoc in the three worlds?"

The Gods nodded Their heads in unison. "Yes, Mother! And We have been waiting for the advent of Your son since epochs. His atrocities are getting beyond tolerance now. And We can't wait any longer for a solution. Please help Us, oh Mother of the Universe!"

She smiled and blessed Them. "Be rest assured. You'll be safe and soon that tyrant will meet his end. Your request has reached Me at a time when I too was personally looking for a way to fulfill My heart's desire. This is a sign of an auspicious beginning." She was more than happy to help and protect Her devotees.

Shiva informed the Gods about Their decision and advised Them to stay vigil. "Parvati and I shall be undergoing meditation inside the cave. But no one should disturb Us, else the process will be interrupted and the results may not be favourable."

Parvati and Shiva prepared for the penance. The Gods promised to stay guard at the entrance so that no one disturbed Them.

It needed vigorous meditation and concentration, and this process could be used only once. For if the seed was shed untimely, it would be extremely powerful and difficult to manage.

They proceeded to enter the cave and took Their seats inside.

A sheet of ice curtained the entrance as They were swept away in pristine love.

।। ॐ नमः पार्वती पतिये हर हर महादेव ।।
।। ॐ नमः शिवाय ।।