𝟬𝟬𝟴, suffocating smoke

Start from the beginning

a plastic covering was around the walker's neck and a bunch of empty pill bottles were laid out on the bedside table.

riley slowly sat down on the floor and leaned her back against the bed. her ears listened to the dead's groans and roars which made her breakdown and sob until nighttime fell.

when the sun vanished, the young girl was exhausted as tears continued to fall from her eyes.

she got up from her spot that she had been sitting in for hours and made her way to the kitchen.

riley opened the drawers and grabbed a lighter, then went over to grab a gasoline tank that was in the cabinet, under the sink. she spread the gasoline all over the house, even in her parents room which was hard for her to do.

she dropped the tank and grabbed her backpack that was filled with her things and had her knife in her waist band.

riley entered her bedroom and grabbed a small picture that showed her and her family smiling into the camera with party hats on their heads and a cake right in front of the young girl. she wiped her tears and stuffed the image in her bag.

riley went into her parents room and sighed. all the memories that was made in this house are now going to turn into ash. she started the lighter and dropped it on the floor, fire extending quickly.

the walker continued to roar as the smith girl walked away and out of the burning house.

riley didn't even know where her dad was.

she whistled for him but he didn't come running back.

NOW

NOW

riley stared at the picture in front of her while the others got their weapons ready. carl looked at the girl and frowned, "you okay?"

riley turned her head towards him and nodded, quickly stuffing the image in her back pocket, "yeah, i'm–i'm fine."

he gave her a small nod before daryl spoke up, catching everyone's attention, "all right, got four of them pricks coming our way."

riley reached to grab her knife from her waist band but then she remembered.

gareth took it.

she sighed and grabbed some pebble rocks that she found in the corner of the space she was in.

"y'all know what to do, go for their eyes first." rick stood up, riley and the others following. "then, their throats."

everyone stood in their position with weapons raised. riley felt her heart race, it felt like hours waiting until a noise from the roof caught them off guard.