WHAT IF THE 3 COUSIN MONARCHS OF WW1 BANDED TOGETHER

Most of you may not know this but at the beginning of the first world war, king George the fifth of Great Britain, Kaiser Wilhelm the second of Germany and Tsar Nicholas the second of Russia were actually cousins, it is unclear [to me] whether or not they were 1st or 2nd cousins or even more.

How ever what I do know that Tsar Nicholas and Kaiser Wilhelm were sort of close to each other.

When Archduke Franz Ferdinand of the Austrio-Hungarian Empire was assasinated on June 28th 1914 by Serbian patriots. Austria-Hungary sent a list of demands to Serbia and 1 month to agree to those or face war. At the same time they went to the German Empire (who they had a defense. Pact with) for help, of course the government of Germany agreed and gave full support, however unbeknowest to most the Kaiser did not want to participate in the war.

As we all know Serbia accepted all demands except for 1 which was that Austria-Hungary should be allowed to send in troops to find out who murdered the archduke. This was enough of an excuse for them who declared war on Serbia on 28th July 1914, however Serbia had an alliance with the Tsardom of Russia who than declared war on Austria-Hungary, Germany than declared war on Russia, France had an alliance with Russia so they declared war on Germany and so on.

How ever on July 28th before the war started the Tsar actually sent a telegram to the Kaiser. The telegram stated

In this serious moment, I appeal to you to help me. An ignoble war has been declared to a weak country. The indignation in Russia shared fully by me is enormous. I foresee that very soon I shall be overwhelmed by the pressure forced upon me and be forced to take extreme measures which will lead to war. To try and avoid such a calamity as a European war I beg you in the name of our old friendship to do what you can to stop your allies from going too far.

I will not bore you with the full details but The Kaiser and The Tsar kept exchanging the telegrams between each other, however they both failed to reach a conclusion and on the 1st of August just hours after the last telegram from the Kaiser to the Tsar, Russia declared war on Austria-Hungary and Germany declared war on Russia.

When King George V found out he tried to send telegrams to both of them and both ignored the telegram. Thus WW1 started.

However in this chapter we will explore 2 scenarios. What if Wilhelm and Nicholas reached a treaty and what if King George V managed to make both the Kaiser and Tsar peace out and stop the war (also I will link the website at the end if you want to read more of the telegrams as it took me 30 minutes to find them and I don't wish that pain unto anyone).

Anyways let's jump into the first scenario.

July 28 1914, the Austrio-Hungarians are about to declare war on Serbia and march in troops. Tsar Nicholas the second quickly sends a telegram to Wilhelm. Both begin a series of discussions. However Germany is unable to stop Austria-Hungary much to the dismay if Russia and Russia can't go back in its treaty much to the dismay of Germany.

Eventually they both find common ground and start to progress. This common ground, in fact, was the land of Austria-Hungary. For as long as Germany existed, and even before with Prussia, the leaders wanted to unite all German speaking lands, they were only partially successful however due to Austria-Hungary being twice as powerful as them at the time. On the other hand, Russia had long wanted to control the Balkan region so it could have free access to the Mediterranean and prevent the Ottomans from invading Europe.

Thus on the 31st of July a treaty was signed between Kaiser Wilhelm the second and Tsar Nicholas the second. This treaty had needed a lot of convincing between the 2 and at the end this treaty was beneficial for both (this treaty would almost never happen in real life as both nations were extremely loyal however you'll have to forgive me as I'm sure these 2 Nations won't mind on the account of not existing anymore).