10

Stiles

"I hate lying to her, it's so hard." "What do you mean? I was listening the whole time, you never lied." "Technically I did, I told her I still needed to talk to you about it but I obviously talked to you already." "I guess I didn't really hear that part. I did hear her rambling about how good we would be together and that she had her suspicions about me liking you already." We both laid there silently for a moment. "She was right you know. We're pretty great together." My head moved up and down slightly as he breathed in and out, silence filling the room again. "You know you don't have to be better for me right, I love you because of who you are not who you want me to think you are." "I know I don't have to but I want to. Because you deserve better than me even if you love me for who I am. And because I love you I want to be that better person for you." "I love you. Whether you're who you are right now or a better version of yourself, just don't completely change who you are to be who you think I should be with. I want to be with you Derek, not some fantasy version of you that's always nice to everyone and is compassionate and loving to the pack. I'll admit it would be nice if you weren't as mean to them when they mess up, but you are who you are and that is the man that I fell in love with." He wrapped his arms even tighter around me and kissed the top of my head gently.

I woke up confused. I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep in the first place, and Derek was no where to be found. I sat up and looked around the room, seeing if he just had to get up and move. I was filled with an overwhelming sense of sadness when I realized he wasn't in the room at all. I almost jumped when I heard the toilet flush in the bathroom and the stream of the water running in the sink. He came back in the room and sat down next to me. "I thought you left." "I'm sorry. I tried to be quiet and not wake you up when I moved but I had to go to the bathroom." "It's ok, I just thought you had left without saying goodbye. I would have understood if you had but it made me sad when I first thought about it." He turned my face to look at him, eye to eye. "I would never and will never leave without saying goodbye. The only thing that would make me do that is if there was a life or death situation going on and you were sleeping, but even then I'd probably still wake you up and tell you bye. I care about you Stiles, I love you, and you don't just leave the people that you love." I climbed onto his lap and hugged him tight, a leg on either side of him and my arms around his neck. He pulled me in closer by my waist, wrapping both arms around me. "I love you."

He pulled me back down onto the bed and kissed me. I kissed him back. We kissed a few more times and then I laid back down onto his chest. "What time is it?" He rolled over slightly, putting his arm around me so I didn't fall off the bed. "It's 10." I let out a loud groan. "My dad's probably gonna be home soon, which means you have to leave. I don't want you to go." "Me either, but I can always come over tomorrow or you can come to the loft." "I don't know if I can sleep without you, last night was the first time I've slept good in a long time." He sat up, making me sit on his lap like I had been before we laid down. He pulled his shirt over his head and I lost my breath like I did every time he was shirtless. "Sleep with this. It smells like me so it'll remind you of me even though I can't actually be here." I kissed him again, thankful for the gesture. "You don't have to leave it here, it's your shirt." "I know that Stiles, it might help you sleep if you're thinking about me and not the craziness that we face everyday. Plus, it'll look good on you." I felt my face turn slightly red and get hotter. "You can wear it whenever you miss me and when it stops smelling like me I'll give you another one and another one after that. The point is, if it helps you sleep or it makes you miss me even a little bit less then I would give you every single shirt that I own." The heat on my face grew hotter and I hid my face from him, burying it in my hands.

"Don't do that." I looked up at him a little bit, still hiding most of my face. "What?" "Hide from me." "I'm not hiding, I'm sitting right here." "You know what I mean." He pushed my hands away from my face and put his hand on my cheek. "You can't hide your emotions from me Stiles, there's no point in trying to. I can smell your emotions, so can every other werewolf if they try. The thing is, I've always focused on your emotions specifically and they all try and take in everyone's emotions at once. So when I checked on you and nobody else did it's not because they didn't care, it's because I was only focused on you. Because I love you." "I love you." We kissed a few more times until he had to leave, the second he was gone I changed into his shirt.