sixteen

After the incident with Niragi, Ren stayed with Kuina and Chishiya. She wasn't too far behind them as they walked around the resort. They were looking for a quiet place to talk about their plans about getting those cards – it was Chishiya's priority. As if the cards had something to do with everything, like collecting them ended this fucking world.

But first, they had to speak with Arisu.

Chishiya knew where he'd be – and like clockwork, Arisu was at the exact location Chishiya said he would be. He was examining the dumpster that was filled with bodies. It was Ren's first time seeing those bodies as well, unaware of what really went on below their feet.

"That is the true nature of this utopia." Chishiya said. Arisu looked over at the trio as they walked down the stairs. "This is part of Beach's rule. "Death to the traitors."" Chishiya stated.

Arisu lowered his fist that was by his mouth to stop himself from throwing up at the sight of the bodies. He stared at Chishiya.

Ren sat on the roof, arms resting on her bent knees. Arisu was looking between the three of them, almost scared about what he was going to learn from them. Kuina and Chishiya had been there the longest, Ren was still considered new, but she learned a few things while spending time observing.

"Arisu," Chishiya began, "you and Usagi seem to have collected a vast amount of information. What are you both planning?" He asked.

"Nothing much." Arisu answered honestly.

"I'll cut to the chase. How will you live in this world that's full of despair?" Chishiya questioned.

"How?" Arisu repeated. Arisu looked from one person to the next before answering. "I just want to know the answers to my questions. The ones behind this crazy game. And who killed Karube and Chota." Arisu took a deep breath before continuing, "I thought I'd be able to survive and return to the original world with everyone. If that is not possible, I want Usagi to return at the very least." Ren looked at her nails at that comment. "This is the only reason why I'm still alive." Arisu said.

"What a tearjerker." Chishiya said. Ren couldn't stop herself from snicker, agreeing with Chishiya. "Your dream..." Chishiya walked to the egde of the roof. "It's cool, but it's not practical at all." He said.

Kuina agreed. "You'll have to win all the games and become the next Number One, but that's impossible." She stated.

"It has nothing to do with you guys."

"We think that you have potential." Chishiya stated.

Arisu looked over at him, "What?"

"That's why we came to meet you."

"What do you mean?"

Chishiya turned to face Arisu. "What if I said there's a way to chagne the status quo all at once." He said. Arisu's face said it all – it was definitely interested in hearing what Chishiya had to say. And Chishiya told him what he wanted, he wanted the cards. 

-

The news of Hatter's death hadn't been told to anyone outside of the Executives. There was an early morning meeting after last night's games. According to Chishiya and Arisu, Takeru's body was found after his game. And according to An, he was shot in the process.

The celebration of a new "king" would be happening sooner rather than later to tell the rest of the Beach about Hatter's death. Aguni would be taking over, which honestly scared Ren.