Chapter 3

Wednesday (sal's pov)

My ear splitting alarm wakes me up from my not so peaceful slumber, I jolt up sitting on my mattress in a cold sweat, feeling unbelievably warm and I can feel my heart beating violently. Nightmares aren't uncommon to me, ever since my mom died I've had them almost every night. My therapist said they would eventually go away, but they just keep getting worse. I drag my legs out of the covers and lie facing the ceiling for a second letting the nightmare sink in. I shiver and pull myself out of bed, making sure to fix my milky blue sheets back to their original place. I quickly throw on a clean band shirt and some navy ripped jeans.

After I've dressed myself I groggily made my way to the bathroom. Once inside I pick up the brush next to the sink and brush my faded blue hair into loose pigtails. My blond roots reminded me that I needed to dye it again, I'll pick some dye up on the way back from school today" I talk to myself out loud. I splash icy cold water on my face to further wake me up, I shiver as the water runs down my face. Roughly I dried my face on a towel and fished my phone out of my pockets checking the time, 8:40. 'Oh god", I think "I better hurry up if I don't want to be late" I said to my reflection in the mirror. I took my glass eye out of the glass next to the sink and popped it in, I blink a few times adjusting to the feeling of the eye being in my socket again. I rushed to my bedside table picking up my prosthetic quickly clipping it around the back of my head, I readjust it so it sits on my ears comfortably. I pick up my bag and keys, say goodbye to gizmo and then unlock the door to let me out. I lock the door behind me and get into the elevator.

As the doors of the elevator open to the 1st floor I see Larry, he's tapping a pen against the wall while head banging. I walk up behind him and make a loud noise to scare him, he startles and jumps in the air screaming a tiny bit before he realises it's me. I explode into giggles and he stares at me disapprovingly "Sal I could've had a heart attack, man" he smirks despite trying his hardest to keep an upset look with me, I'm still laughing and he starts to as well. He grabs my shoulder and leads me out the front door of Addison apartments. Me and Larry didn't talk yesterday because he was asleep the whole day ,lazy ass, so I brought up the topic of the party again and he immediately listed off what he wants to do for it and how he's gonna decorate and what music he's gonna play and so on and so forth. I asked him if he had a date in mind and he looked in thought for a minute, fingers scratching his stubble "Hrmmm, how about this Saturday!" He says excitedly "It gives us enough time to invite people, OH! Sal, literally invite everyone. Every. Body. I wanna see faces I've never even seen before in my life in that basement" I nod and the topic moves on how Sanity's Falls is going on tour in a couple weeks. 

Finally, I can see the school. Today is gonna be interesting. I can feel it.