0 - Failed(?) Summoning

Throughout the region, there has been a legend that has been forgotten by many. A legend that promised great power and prestige to those who managed to discover it.

It was told in an ancient tablet made by the kingdoms of the old, telling a tale about an ancient weapon being buried somewhere in the Lost Forests, a region known for dense forests and strong monsters.

To those who still remember of this ancient tale, they have been trying their best to find the lead as to where the weapon might be buried. While most had given up, only one group is still on the chase for this weapon.

After years of search, the group has found the location of where it was buried based on clues given and magical items. Using a spell that was also mentioned by the tale to be able to unearth said weapon, their goal is finally within reach.

All there's left is to do the final task --- summoning it from the ground.

--- -- -

"So, has the preparations been completed?" a man in a red robe asked.

The man next to him, which is in a black robe, answered, "Yes, sire. All 100 carts of magic gems have been gathered at your request along with some of our knights just in case."

"Good," the red robed man turned around to face the scene behind him. A hundred of wooden carts filled with glowing magic gems were prepared for the upcoming event, being dragged by the slaves they had forcefully recruited, all of them wearing a magical collar with a single magic crystal attached to it

"Now then, we can't leave any witnesses, hm?" the man said before clapping his hand together. In an instant, the collars attached to each of the slaves activated and the magic crystal on it grew bright red before it decapitated the heads of every single one of the slaves, their liveless body fell slump to the ground.

Multiple more robed men began to stand next to him and all of them faced the forest in front of them. The red robed man snickered, his life-long goal is finally within his hands. Just within this forest, something of great power awaits him.

Turning around again for the last time, he faced the small formation of knights, cavalry and archers they managed to recruit under their cult, most of which are under the influence of the robed men's spells of manipulation. To further bolster their firepower, they had managed to tame a few orcs using taming collars, something they managed to steal from a kingdom's treasury.

"Attention, devoted followers of Harhatos! The day has come for us to finally reveal ourselves to the rest of the world! Once we summon this ancient weapon, we shall be unstoppable!

With it, we shall control the Empire however we desire! Together we shall conquer Terarta and bring about a golden era of our rule! Together we shall stand against all of the infidels that want to take us down!

Together we shall stand, my followers! Let it be known that this will be the start of our grand victory!"

The knights along with the rest ushered a loud hurrah, either voluntarily or involuntarily, to commemorate this great day for their cult.

As all of the robed men, numbering around 12, stood facing the forest, they all held our their hands and began to chant the command to activate the ancient spell.

"O Goddess of Creation, Segulaphe, this lowly follower of Harhatos seeks your help..."

Slowly but surely, their hands began to glow, forming a bright red magic circle, filled with tiny runes that formed the spell. Their chants got louder over time and caused these magic circles to become brighter and also bigger.

A flow of mana began between the carts filled with magical gems and the robed men, giving them the mana needed to complete the summoning spell.

"...heed these mortals' calls and lend us your powers to accomplish our goals in your name..."