The insect hashira appeared behind him: "Ara ara, good day everyone."

Murata flinched: "Good day Kocho-sama! Goodbye!" and he left in a rush.

Ayuna: "Hm? Is the meeting already over  Shinobu?"

"Yes." Shinobu turned around to see her demon friend but she couldn't spot her so she looked inside the bottle Tanjiro was holding, "What happened to you?"

"I just made some gifts for my new friends." she replied and the insect hashira spotted the new brooches they were holding.

"By the way, they're healed." she added.

"Is that so?" Shinobu clapped her hands together, "then you guys can join the rehabilitation training tomorrow!"

All: "Rehabilitation training?"

"You'll find out soon." she smiled and Aoi returned with a round fish tank which was placed on one of the bedside tables and some books were used to shield the tank from the sunlight.
Tanjiro dropped the goldfish in the tank.

"Thanks Aoi." Ayuna swam around in the tank.

"Ah, before I forget," Shinobu went closer to the tank and spoke quietly, "Ayuna, you have to do something about Tomioka-san. I think he's on a bad mood."

"What's bothering him?" Ayuna asked while she tilted her head.

Shinobu: "You don't know? I thought you're aware of it."

Ayuna: "I don't know."

Shinobu sighed: "Even Mitsuri know the reason..."

Aoi crossed her arms already knowing what was going on. It was obvious she thought. "You lived so long and yet you don't know?"

Ayuna: "I spent my life in the sea."

"Are you pretending not to know?" Zenitsu blurted out and he was met with an ice wave from his brooch which almost froze his mouth.

Shinobu: "I knew it!"

"Nonsense," Ayuna said calmly, "I'm a demon did you forget? And I'm sure it's only your delusional fantasies that made you think this way."

Before Shinobu could say anything the water hashira arrived to pick his flatmate up.

"Bye, I'll visit again soon." Ayuna jumped into Giyu's bottle and they left.

'There's no way...' Ayuna thought, 'it's only a delusional wish.'

Giyu's pov

The faint mad feeling didn't disappear inside me and I was aware of it.

It seems like I did fall for her.

I feel comfortable around her, and knowing that she waits for my return from my mission makes me want to go home quickly. The way how she'll greet me when I open the door not knowing for how long she waited, makes me feel warm and cared.

My heart always fluttered when she smiled or laughed, and I always wondered how she could tell if I was bothered or not.

In fact, I am happy with her.

-Flashback

"Actually meeting you was the best thing that happened to me. (...)"

-end of flashback

I wonder what she thinks about me.

3rd person pov

They arrived to their estate and Giyu closed some windows to optain some shade in the room and he opened the bottle letting the sea demon out.

Ayuna leaned on the table with her elbows, hands supporting her head, and waited expectantly.
Soon the water pillar joined her.

Giyu: "I encountered lower moon five and killed him. Tanjiro had a hard time but I saw how the brooch you gave him froze the threads around him which shattered afterwards."

"Lower moon five..." Ayuna mumbled, "First, he encountered Muzan, then one of the twelve kizukis..."

Giyu listened to her thoughts.

"I have a bad feeling about it," she concluded, "I can tell that he will face many dangers in his journey."

-Flashback

When Ayuna met Tanjiro for the first time, a image of an adult appeared in her vision. That wasn't her memory, but those earrings were familiar as she have seen it before but it wasn't the man from Muzan's memory.

-End of flashback

Ayuna changed the topic: "By the way, is something bothering you? Shinobu did tell me that you weren't in a good mood."

Giyu: "I wasn't in a bad mood. I'm fine."

Ayuna: "You are?"

Giyu: "Yes."