Chapter 11- Who's Got Voice: Round 1 (2/2)

Start from the beginning

"Well, I actually like salads, but..." Gina said as she then gave MK a hug while smiling and letting a few tears go from her eyes. "Thank you..."

MK was surprised by this hug and started blushing, but smiled as MK hugged back. "Did we just have an emotional moment?" Gina asked as she then realized.

"We just had an emotional moment." MK stated as she and Gina shuddered.

"Gross..." Gina said as she shuddered.

"But, honestly, not that bad." MK said with a smirk.

"Aw, that was just so sweet." Bowie said as he felt touched by the moment Gina and MK shared. "You two were obviously made for each other."

It was then that Geoff and Bridgette then appeared backstage. "Alright everyone, we're about to get started on our first act, who wants to go first?" Geoff asked as he looked at the contestants.

Vincent and Cindy were about to say something but MK stood up and raised her hand. "Me, Gina, and Bowie will go first." MK said as she raised her hand.

"What?!" Gina and Bowie asked as they were surprised by this.

"Sweet, dudette." Geoff said as he gave a thumbs up. "Best you get ready, you're about to go on stage."

Geoff and Bridgette then left backstage. "Uh, MK, I'm all for taking charge, but we haven't really decided on a song yet." Gina said as she felt unsure.

"Don't worry, I know exactly which song to play." MK said as she smiled at Gina.

*Static*

"At first I wasn't sure of which song we could play for our first performance, but after talking with Gina and connecting with her more, I thought of something that she'll be sure to like." MK said with a smile

*Static*

Geoff and Bridgette then mad it the stage to face the audience. "And now everyone, the moment you've all been waiting for." Bridgette said to the audience. "It's time for us to introduce our first group."

"Everyone give a warm welcome to...MK, Gina and Bowie from Total Drama: Around the World!" Geoff said as Gina, MK and Bowie got onto the stage with the audience as Geoff and Bridgette then left.

Bowie then noticed MK holding a slushing cup prop. "Uh, what's with the slushie prop?" Bowie asked with confusion.

"Eh, let's just say there's this one song I like to sing to myself whenever I feel down, and I thought maybe this song could also be something for Gina." MK said as she turned to Gina with a smile.

Gina was confused at first but when MK plugged in her phone to a speaker and played a certain familiar track, MK then grabbed a microphone while still holding the slushy prop and began singing to Gina.

MK: I've been through ten high schools
They start to get blurry
No point planting roots
'Cause you're gone in a hurry
My dad keeps two suitcases
Packed in the den
So it's only a matter of when

I don't learn the names
Don't bother with faces
All I can trust is
This concrete oasis
Seems every time I'm about to despair
There's a 7-Eleven right there

Each store is the same
From Las Vegas to Boston
Linoleum aisles
That I love to get lost in
I pray at my altar of slush
Yeah, I live
For that sweet frozen rush

Freeze your brain
Suck on that straw
Get lost in the pain

Happiness comes
When everything numbs
Who needs cocaine?