9

Stiles

I was lost in the moment, completely and totally consumed by Derek. He pulled away and I was shocked. "Is everything ok?" "I heard something." I didn't dare move, if it was my dad we were screwed. "Someone's walking up the stairs to your front door." I got off of him and started putting my clothes back on. "Can you tell who?" I dropped my voice to a whisper and he matched it. "No. All I can smell right now is you." He was up now too, putting on his clothes too. I heard knocking. "Stay here, I'm not expecting anybody but if it was my dad he would have just walked in." "Be careful Stiles." "I'm sure it's nothing. I just hope it's not Scott because I don't think I'm ready to tell him yet." I walked out of my bedroom and whoever it was knocked again. "I'm coming." I opened the door and it was Lydia.

"Hey Lydia, what's up?" "Can I come in?" "Yeah sure. Just sit on the couch." I would normally take her to my room, but currently Derek Hale was hiding in my room. She sat down and then I sat next to her. "What's up?" "We need to talk." "That's never a good thing." "It's not bad, I just- You're not telling me something. I can tell you're hiding something and I'm worried about you." I took a deep breath, unsure of how to respond. "You're right, I have been keeping a secret from you. From everybody." She grabbed my hands in hers and looked into my eyes. "Talk to me Stiles, I'm here for you, whatever it is." "I'm gay." She leaned in and hugged me tightly, letting out a deep sigh of relief. "That's what you've been stressed about for months?" "That and there's more." "Ok, continue." She looked at me with relief in her eyes, not near as nervous as she had seemed to begin with. "I like Derek." I looked down in my lap waiting on her response, I figured she would be upset or shocked at least that I of all people liked Derek Hale.

She sat there silently for a minute and I grew more and more anxious as I waited on her response. "I think he likes you too, I see the way he looks at you. And he's not harsh on the eyes to say the least. You should go for it Stiles. I know he's not the nicest guy sometimes but you guys would be good together, you're good for him."  "What do you mean I'm good for him?" "Just that he's a better person when he's with you. I mean think about it. The only people he openly cares about, like in front of people, are you and Cora. So when he's with you he tries to be better. Obviously you've never seen him when you weren't around but he's not as nice, and he's not really nice when you're there either. He tries to be nice because he doesn't want you to think of him as this big scary werewolf, he wants to be as human as he can be for you. From what I've seen he likes you a lot more than a lot of other people. I don't know if Derek likes guys in that way, he hasn't come out to us or anything, but he seems like for you he wants to be good. Kind of in the same way that Theo tries to be good to impress Liam, even though Liam doesn't notice." I have noticed Theo, he's like the devil incarnate when Liam's not there but the second Liam pops up he gets quiet and respectful. I guess I've just never seen Derek acting that way about me before. I mean everybody knows that Theo and Liam like one another, other than Theo and Liam themselves, so maybe everybody notices me and Derek, and we just realized.

"Can I ask a question?" She nodded, a sweet smile on her face. "Does everybody know we like each other? I mean we all know about Liam and Theo even if they don't realize it, are me and Derek the same way?" She pondered the question for a moment. "Not everybody, but some people. Surprisingly the werewolves are the ones that haven't noticed it. Me and Allison have both thought that you did for a while now, and Mason asked me about it the other day, if you guys had something going on. I told him not that anyone knew about." "Don't tell him yet, or anyone for that matter. I want to tell Derek and come out to Scott at least before I tell the whole pack." "I won't, promise. But you should do it soon, everybody is worried about you even if they won't say it to your face. Even Boyd asked if you were doing ok." "I will, this Saturday I think. After we've gotten the mission over with. I don't want anyone thinking about it when we need to be focused on that." She breathed out a sigh. "Ok, but do me a favor and talk to Derek before Scott because Scott's going to obsess about what Derek is going to say if you don't talk to him first." I laughed at her as she stood from the couch and I did too. "I will. Thank you Lydia, I've been meaning to talk to you about this for a while." "I'm glad you felt like you could talk to me about it. I'll see you later Stiles." "Bye Lydia." She walked out the door and I shut it behind her. I took a deep breath before walking back to my room. Derek was laying in my bed, now in his jeans and t-shirt. I laid down on his chest and he immediately started playing with my hair. He kissed the top of my head a few times and in that moment I felt safe.