Misc: A Bitter Cascade

The Dark Enchantress had returned with Red Velvet in tow. It was not a happy or sad occasion, at least for the majority of the cookies of darkness. Pomegranate was the only one to really welcome her. Strawberry Crepe couldn't care less. They had always been on the fringes of the cookies of darkness anyway, as the only one other than the general who lived away from the castle. And besides, today they had something else to accomplish.

"Okay, first meeting with Raisin cookie..." They made sure that they were well-dressed, perfectly symmetrical, and that their mech arms were functioning at full capacity.

Sure, they could have picked someone else to talk with first, but facing Raisin cookie was inevitable. She was the guardian of the village, and therefore would make sure to scout out any potential threats, including them. Crepe wanted to make a decent first impression, even if they had spent quite a while attacking their village. If she didn't hate them, then maybe they'll be spared when it is revealed that they were the creator of the wafflebots.

She was also cool- like an action hero! A muscular woman in a mysterious dark cloak who protected the people she cared about. This had nothing to do with the fact that they wanted to see her.

They weren't some fan. How dare anyone accuse them of such?

Landing smack in the middle of the village would draw more attention than even they were comfortable with. So they made a little adjustment to one of their bots to guarantee a one-on-one interaction.

Raisin was attentive and protective of her village. Of course she would investigate when something appears to be going wrong. A bot that looked like it was malfunctioning lured her away from the tents, farther out into the wastes of ash. It stopped near Strawberry Crepe, who paid no heed to the way that sparks flew from the gaps in its hull.

"A child..?" the woman muttered to herself. She approached the pink-haired cookie, careful not to startle them, crouching nearby so that she was on their eye level. "I don't know how you have managed to get lost in this barren land, but don't worry. I won't harm you."

Strawberry Crepe didn't say anything. The "malfunctioning" bot filled their reticence with whirring and grinding noises. The guardian, much more concerned about the potential danger, pulled out one of her feathered blades.

"That bot may not be safe- step away. I'll take care of it."

Raisin absolutely would attack the bot to protect them, even if it was, in reality, counterproductive. Strawberry Crepe, at this moment, was hit with the thought that perhaps they were being too careful. They were the brilliant, the loud, the sweet candy of the castle! They shouldn't hide what they were capable of.

"It's not dangerous for me." Strawberry Crepe sent it a few commands through their screen, and it made a beeping noise and moved away from the.

Two mech arms rose from the dirt where they had hidden. Raisin backed up a bit, recognizing the waffle pattern of their limbs. "That technology...are you perhaps...?"

"I am the creator of the bots, yes."

She made a disbelieving noise. "I can't believe this. All this time, and the one sending so many machines after us was a child?"

"Hey, I'm not just any kid!" They regretted the retort the moment they spoke.

"Oh, I can tell." Crepe withered a bit at her tone. "And that original wafflebot with Healer's robes- he went back, didn't he? She answered her own question, as though it was obvious. "I guess he couldn't resist. And after I yelled at him too! That infuriating man. I take it he's the reason the attacks ceased?"

They nodded.

Raisin stared them down. "Well, I'm glad that he managed to stop you." She turned with a flap of her dark cloak, retreating in the direction of the village.