Chapter 14

"the princess is too young and far too spoiled to rule this kingdom... she'll destroy the entire kingdom if she receives the throne!" general Qin angrily yelled, bringing his fist down on the table.

"we are all aware of her situation...but it *was* king Zhen Xue's last wish so there is nothing we can do" the royal advisor said glancing over at the rooms door.

"Guwen...I had a nightmare" a voice could be heard from the small crack in the door. whoever was speaking had been there for sometime, listening to the conversation.

"young princess..." Guwen said standing up.

"forgive me general Qin, I have to go help the princess..." Guwen said glaring back at the general.

"!" upon noticing Guwen's glare general Qin froze.

"come on let's get you back to bed" Guwen said picking the young princess up.

"I'll be back soon" Guwen said looking back at general Qin before leaving the room with the princess in his arms.

"...say how much did you hear?" Guwen asked looking down at the young princess, her grey eyes looking away from him.

"as much as I needed....why does everyone in the kingdom hate me?" the young princess asked.

"hate...you? no! no! that's not possible...no one can hate you, you're a adorable little girl with such a big heart it be impossible to hate you..." Guwen said, avoiding eye contact with the princess.

"thanks for helping me Guwen..." the princess said as Guwen cradled her in his arms.

"think nothing of it...after all tomorrow is your big day" Guwen said before taking the princess back to her room...

"where...where the heck am I?" Xue Nushen asked looking around.

"it's so dark...I can't see anything" Xue Nushen said trying desperately to find something, anything familiar in the darkness.

"I-i can't move!" Xue Nushen yelled trying to stand up, but no matter what her body wouldn't move.

"something...cold is washing over my body? water!" Xue Nushen yelled opening her eyes, realizing her location almost instantly.

"ow...ow not here... damnit" Xue Nushen said looking down at her body, it had been hung from a tree next to a running river, at the end of the river was a giant waterfall surrounded by jagged rocks.

"why here...?" Xue Nushen thought looking around at the familiar mountain landscape.

"...why am I here...again" Xue Nushen said looking down at her old, tattered, robe, the black and red robe had faded to a light grey and pink, dirt covered the ripped edges of the bottom of the robe, the only thing keeping the robe on was the old vines wrapped around her, the same ones used to tether her to the tree.

*rip* the small sound of something being slowly ripped apart came from behind Xue.

"I will not be treated like this! I am your princess, I am the only one who can rule this kingdom you'd all die without me!" Xue Nushen yelled as the old vines began to slowly give out one by one.