Sixteen

Love On Tour

Warning: violence

I couldn't wait to reunite Elowyn with her babies, to watch her finally get to snuggle with them after such a hard almost twenty four hours - a hard week in actuality

I couldn't wait to reunite Elowyn with her babies, to watch her finally get to snuggle with them after such a hard almost twenty four hours - a hard week in actuality. Despite everything she remained smiling beside me without a singular care at the forefront of her mind, everything traumatic has been pushed away because her excitement bubbles knowing she'll be reunited with her babies so soon.

I'm grateful the hospital is so close to her parent's home, it means travelling doesn't take long and in an emergency situation like last night I knew I could get her to safety extremely quickly when I put my foot down.

She was buzzing beside me, shaking with excitement while that goddamn smile never left her face and I loved seeing her radiating the happiest of emotions instead of succumbing to ones that shattered my heart into thousands of tiny shards. But seeing her on cloud nine beside me has begun to glue those pieces back together slowly in my chest, I know exactly the feelings she exudes even if she's shoved the pain and terror to the back of her mind.

As long as she wants to exhaust her brain while hiding the deep hidden emotions then I'll support that, I'll hold her when she finally allows those sadder emotions to spill from her mind so I can heal her with my love. I hope I can hold her through her hardships forever, my fingertips wiping away her tears as they stumble from her eyes for the rest of our lives. She deserves the feeling of unconditional love and to relax back into the arms of someone who'll always love her with their entire soul.

I always have and scarily I think I always will, until my last breath.

She'd turned the volume of the music down as soon as I pulled down her parent's road, the expectation of seeing her children kicking again and needing a quieter environment to process her thoughts. I smiled, smoothly running my palm over the steering wheel before turning and pressing my hand onto her headrest to reverse into the empty spot on the large drive.

I noticed the way she was watching my actions with heavy eyes, captivated by the movement with a lazy smile curled on her face. But once the engine was turned off she was unclipping her seatbelt more than ready to reunite with the two tiny humans she's created. She can't contain her excitement as she climbs out of my car, I follow, slamming the door before walking around to stand with her.

My arm loops around her waist out of instinct, feeling her body melting into my embrace as we begin to approach the door together and the warmth of her makes me smile but it gets even brighter when the front door suddenly flies open. A laugh escapes my lips at the sight of messy curls bouncing while the most excited giggles tumble from Romeo's lips as he runs with his arms open wide ready to cuddle.

"Mumma!" His laughter melts my heart, Winnie falling down to the ground to capture and envelope him in the tightest hug. I look down at them both, Romeo's feet not touching the ground as he clings around her neck and snuggles deeply into her shoulder. "I've missed you."