She stared at Nezuko while her tail moved from side to side.

"Indeed different from the other demons I met." she said, "Also a very interesting way to regain strength, even I do take some naps from time to time."

"What do you mean?" I asked, "Is she alright?!"

"Oh you don't have to worry at all," she gave me a reassuring smile, "You do know that demons grow stronger if they eat human flesh and if not they'll go crazy."

I nodded at her explanation.

"But your sister doesn't need to eat human flesh if she sleeps like that," she continued, "It's her way to regain strength and to lower her hunger. For me, I eat a lot of fish."

"So she's waking up soon?" I asked.

"I don't know." she replied honestly which made me worry that Nezuko would never wake up but I regained hope after she said that she can make Nezuko wake up.

"You can really do that?" I asked hopefully.

"If you wish me to." she smiled, "but she will mostly spend her time sleeping to reduce her hunger so don't wake her, but she'll wake up again so don't worry that she wouldn't wake up again."

I thanked her and she bend down and placed her hand on Nezukos head and soon Nezuko eyes opened.

"Nezuko!" I exclaimed while tears formed in my eyes, "I was so worried! I was so afraid that you wouldn't wake up!"

Ayuna's pov

I watched how the siblings embraced each other. A very touching scene which made me ask how a hug felt like again.

The demon girl growled at me but I only smiled at her brothers reaction who tried to calm his sister down.

"Nezuko, don't growl at Ayuna, she's friendly! She made you wake up again! Sorry Ayuna, she didn't mean to growl at you, she might think you're bad." Tanjiro apologised but I only waved it off.

"Oh I know, don't worry I'm not mad. To be honest I'm very excited to meet your sister since it's very rare a demon restrained themselves to eat human. I thought we could be friends if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all! I'll be happy if you could be Nezuko's friend!" he was overjoyed at the fact that his sister finally woke up, "I don't know how to thank you!" he said.

"Then be also my friend." I declared and he agreed.

"Ah before I forget, I wanted to ask you something," he began and I nodded for him to continue, "Do you perhaps know a way to turn a demon back to human?"

"I don't." I answered, "But I'm sure you will find the answers in your journey. There's the saying 'a curse always have it's cure' so I'm sure that your sister will turn back into human one day." I quickly added before the boy could get sad again.

"Then I'm sure you'll turn human too once I find a cure." he declared which made my eyes widen, so I gave him a big smile, "I'll look forward to that day."

Suddenly Nezuko got up and left the room which made Tanjiro to follow her and I joined.

3rd person pov

The door to the living room where Giyu and Urokodaki had a chat swung open revealing Nezuko and Tanjiro.

"She woke up?" Urokodaki asked.

"Thanks to Ayuna!" Tanjiro explained and Ayuna popped out next to Nezuko and she made an peace sign with her fingers.

Urokodaki noticed the very faint smile Gyuu had on his face while he glanced at her and he knew that his student changed thanks to her.

"I guess she's going to sleep again soon." Ayuna pointed out after noticing her new demon friend dozing off while standing and Tanjiro helped her to get back to bed.

"What did you do?" Urokodaki asked her.

Ayuna: "I just helped her to regain her strength a bit, just enough to make her wake up. But she'll be sleeping again soon it's just her way to lower her hunger so don't worry."

Urokodaki: "Amazing...Well, you two must be tired too but I'm not sure if you sleep Ayuna."

Ayuna: "I do sleep from time to time, it's refreshing if I do so."

Urokodaki: "I don't think I have enough futons..."

Ayuna: "Don't worry about that, I don't need much space nor a futon. Do you perhaps have a fish tank? Or just a bowl with water is fine too."

Urokodaki: "A fish tank?"

Giyu: "You'll see soon."

Urokodaki didn't have a fish tank so he handed Ayuna a bowl filled with water and he led her and Giyu to the room where they were going to sleep. They shared a room with Nezuko and Tanjiro since his house didn't have many rooms but nobody minded.

Ayuna placed down the bowl in a corner where no one would accidently kick it over and she turned into a small goldfish  landing in the bowl. It was big enough for her fish body to rest underwater as she made herself comfortable on the bowls bottom while her antlers was outside the water, "Goodnight." she said before closing her dot eyes.

If it weren't for the antlers, Tanjiro and Urokodaki could mistook her for a normal goldfish, "Goodnight..."

Nezuko woke up again in the next morning so all of them had a nice chat that day and as the sun setted, it was time for the water hashira and the sea demon to return to their estate in case they'll get a mission soon.

"Feel free to visit anytime." Urokodaki said to Giyu and Ayuna and before they fully departed. The sea demon handed Tanjiro a mussel brooch made from ice that won't melt.

"This is?" Tanjiro asked surprised at the sudden gift.

"Let's say it's a protection charm. Once we'll meet again you're a demon slayer and until then I want my friends to be safe with no limbs missing. Until then goodbye!" she waved at them while catching up to Giyu who waited some distance ahead for her. Then they left running back to their estate.

"You gave him a brooch?" he asked.

Ayuna: "Well, Muzan will notice Nezuko too one day so the brooch will at least protect them once they face danger. I don't want them to get hurt since they're my friends."

Giyu: "I'm your friend too, how come I don't have one? You don't like me?"

Ayuna: "Pfft. Just because you don't have one, it doesn't mean I dislike you. You're a hashira after all and I'm sure you can take care of yourself. Besides, will you wear it if I give you one?"

Giyu: "Yes."

She chuckled at his straight reply and handed him an ice brooch with a salmon on it, "Since salmon is your favorite food."

Giyu took his brooch: "I like it."