"I know, I'm just not feeling it." He helped her in the suburban like always, getting in on the opposite side.

"Are you for real, you seriously want me to take you home? I'm tired of these mood swings, one minute you cool the next you mad at me."

"I said, I'm not mad at you."

"So wassup then, cause you know if you wanna go home I'll take you, but I don't know what you keep being mad for and it's stressing the fuck out of me"

Maya looked down at her lap. She didn't know whether or not to feel guilty, but she didn't understand how she was stressing him out when he was most definitely the one stressing her out.

"How am I stressing you when you're the one stressing me out?" They both went quiet for a second.

"You told me we were good" Neem said glancing over at her. He didn't like to argue, but at this point, he didn't know what else to do to get her to talk to him.

"I think we are, but I don't know. I feel like it all depends on what type of mood you're in. Youn know whether you wanna hold my hand or just spend money on me."

"One minute you laying next to me in bed and the next I don't hear from you all day" She stated.

"You told me you don't want nothing with me though."

"You're right, and I know what I want. I don't know what you want, but at the end of the day, I'm the one confused here. Not you"

"Where is this confusion thing coming from because yesterday I told you I just wanted to be friends." Maya shook her head.

"What do friends mean to you? Cause what it means to me is definitely not the same thing." She could tell the driver was listening in but she didn't care right now.

"We just talk and chill and stuff, that's what friends do."

"We can't talk or chill when you can't even fucking talk. You can't even tell me what you like to do."

"Yeah because that shit's personal" Maya turned to look at him

What made him think me knowing what he liked to do was personal?

"Um... No that's not." Maya almost wanted to laugh.

"Are you okay cause you starting not to make sense?" She said again.

Something in the back of Maya's head was telling her to stop arguing with him.

Something wasn't personally right with him, and she was realizing every time she did argue she got literally nowhere.

"You right, I'm sorry," He said placing his hand on her thigh. He didn't know what he was sorry for, but he seriously was sorry. They shouldn't be arguing, especially because of him.

"It's okay, I just gotta feel you out more. Maybe that will help me out."

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"I told you I didn't need that."

So far they were just taking a walk since they both needed to calm down anyways. They happened to pass the Chanel store, and she pointed out a purse in the window. He went in and bought it for her.

"That's my I'm sorry gift."

"Nigga that lil argument was not worth no Mf 8k."

"More?"

"No, the fuck" She laughed as she glanced over at the gift bag in his hand.

"That could pay my rent for three months. Make me mad again imma sell it."

"It's disrespectful to sell gifts," Neem said interlocking their fingers.

"You still want to go home?"

Maya shrugged. She honestly didn't know.

"I'm good right now. You not doing weird shit that gets on my nerves."

"And you not yelling at me, so I guess we both content," He said confidently.

"Yeah for now,"

Maya thought back to Deijah. When she got back she needed to have a talk with her, real bad. She wasn't just going to talk to her however she wanted especially over some dumb shit like just trying to vent.

"For now my ass"

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃...