Trust Issues

Later in the night I just wanted a release. After training with Ser Harwin Strong I needed to forget everything. Just for one night. Rushing into my room I practically ripped my gown off and replaced it with darker clothing matching the style of the common folk. I chugged whatever wine was left in my cup and placed the hood over my head to cover the color of my hair.

Paintings and curtains covered every wall of my chambers. To any normal person it would look like any other room. But if you were me then you would have the knowledge of the castle's secret corridors. My arm grazed the delicate curtains moving them behind me. I slid behind a dresser and pressed against the wall. When doing so I pushed it left and opened a hole. Closing it back I made my way down the hallway only hearing the silent taps of my feet echoing off of the walls.

Until a hand covered my mouth and grabbed me from one of the side paths. My back was pressed against the stone walls while I struggled in their grip until I saw his familiar lavender eyes. He removed his hand now knowing I wasn't going to scream and smirked, twirling a piece of my hair between his fingers.

"Daemon? Seven hells!" I gulped.

"And where might you be going Princess?" His hands now rested on the stone around my arms blocking me from moving. His face inches from mine.

"Should I not be asking you that question?" I challenged but he did not budge. Rolling my eyes I said, "Going into the kingdom to drink. I have been doing so for some time now." He only slightly chuckled.

"I know you have. Just needed to know you would not lie to me." He tilts his head looking over my figure. Taking a deep breath my chest rose up and down while biting my lip. "There is something I believe you will want to hear."

My heart quickened looking from his eyes to his lips and back up again.

"And what might that be?"

"Follow me." He softly laced his fingers with mine and led me down the pathway. Minutes later I began to hear distant voices. We snuck through a peculiar door and gently made our way towards a metal covering with holes. As he leaned closer to my ear I could feel the warmth from his body. "Listen closely." He whispered with his lips against my ear. Leaning my head back I looked into his eyes before following his sights to the room. When turning my head it was to my surprise that the small council members along with my father were having a secret meeting.

"If Daemon were to remain the uncontested heir, it could destabilize the realm." We could finally hear the words pouring from their lips. I could feel the burning gaze from Daemon as I listened.

"The realm? Or this council?"

"No one here can know what Daemon would do were he king, but no one can doubt his ambition. Look at what he did with the Gold Cloaks. The City Watch is fiercely loyal to him. An army 2,000 strong."

"An army you gave him, Otto." Viserys quickly retorted. "I named Daemon Master of Laws, but you said he was a tyrant. As Master of Coin, you said he was a spendthrift that would beggar the realm. Putting Daemon in command of the City Watch was your solution!" My father sneered.

"A half-measure, Your Grace. The truth is, Daemon should be far away from this court."

"Daemon is my brother." Father snapped. "My blood. And he will have his place at my court."

"Let him keep his place at court, Your Grace, but if the gods should visit some further tragedy on you, either by design or by accident." Maester Mellos spoke up but my father only sighed in annoyance.

"Design?" He glared, repeating the old man. "What are you saying? My brother would murder me, take my crown?" Silence rolled over the room. "Are you?" He questioned harshly.. "Please. Daemon has ambition, yes, but not for the throne. He lacks the patience for it." When turning to Daemon I could see a smile forming on his lips to his brother's words. I couldn't help but mimic his small grin before our sights met each other. Quickly looking down I could only come up with questions as to why Daemon would bring me here. Or even deeper. How did he know where I would be? Until I heard something interesting that jerked my head back to the council.