chapter one

Jeongguk wants to get drunk.

After Jimin had held a perfect speech regarding his and Yoongi's engagement, he wanted to swallow every champagne glass laid out for every guest to take.

You see, the story is truly sad. Depressing even.

Jeon Jeongguk is in love with Park Jimin.

Yes, the Park Jimin that is currently engaged to Min Yoongi, a guy he met the morning after Jeongguk had missed his only shot with Jimin.

To understand the story better all together, we'll have to go three years in the past on Halloween night. Hoseok's party where Jeongguk and Jimin accidentally collapsed into each other after someone dressed as an angel had knocked Jimin over with his wings being nothing but cautious over where he was going.

Jimin had knocked himself right into Jeongguk, and Jeongguk being the hopeless romantic was already swayed.

The conversation was smooth sailing after that. Jeongguk was dressed as Iron Man, being the ultimate Marvel Fan and Jimin was dressed as Black Widow which had caught Jeongguk's interest rather fast.

They talked all night. Jeongguk loved every minute of it, from hearing Jimin's angelic laugh and full eyed smile to his enthusiasm when it comes to music as well.

Jimin apparently loved jazz, and Jeongguk grew up with it, both of his parents being extreme fans of the music genre.

For Jeongguk, this was fate. How could he have met someone as perfect as Park Jimin? It truly blew his mind and before any of you question why exactly it didn't turn out this way, there's one more detail you need to know.

Jimin had taken Jeongguk to a late night café, having a photobooth in the corner for guests to use as they pleased. It was Jeongguk's first time trying a photobooth and taking pictures with Jimin, made the moment a lot more special.

After their little adventure, they had gotten home to Jimin's apartment, one that he shared with a roommate who apparently also was at the party but Jeongguk hadn't noticed. Instead, Jeongguk took the moment as a sign that this was happening, after they talked all night, this was his chance to kiss Jimin.

Jimin and Jeongguk had held a long enough eye contact for Jeongguk to start leaning in. The minute he was about to tilt his head, Jimin embraced him in a warm hug.

"You're so great." Jimin mumbled on Jeongguk's shoulder.

Queue a dramatic explosion scene to showcase how Jeongguk took upon Jimin's clear rejection. It hurt a lot. Not only was he rejected like a fool, but friend-zoned as well.

"I'm so glad I made a new friend tonight."

It had only gotten worse and Jeongguk tried to suppress all emotions of being hurt by smiling through the pain.

And now three years later, Park Jimin is marrying the guy he had met the day after rejecting and friend-zoning Jeongguk.

Oddly enough, Jeongguk blames himself for it. They drank some of Jimin's favorite tea, while chatting about earlier college experiences and if Jeongguk hadn't taken a third cup, finishing the rest, Jimin wouldn't have wandered to the store the next day, meeting Yoongi in the exact same aisle.

When Yoongi grabs onto Jimin's waist to give him a heartwarming kiss, Jeongguk grabs the nearest glass of champagne and chugs it. Make those three glasses.

It hadn't turned out well when he found some liquor in the kitchen, chugging it as if he could handle alcohol perfectly. Newsflash he can't, and now his head is buried in the toilet.