Gracie made her way to Steve's apartment and knocked on the door.

Steve opened the door and frowned, but his eyes were twinkling. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you," she replied. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah, come on in." He stepped aside to let her in.

Gracie walked inside and looked around. "I see you cleaned up after certain events."

"I don't want to get in trouble for a destroyed apartment."

She laughed. "You're such a responsible soldier."

Steve smiled and shrugged. "Can't help it. I was actually about to head out for some food. You want to come?"

"Sure. What were you thinking?"

"Burgers?"

"That's more than okay with me."

The two left the apartment and made their way to a diner.

Steve let out a breath and said, "I've been thinking, Gracie. Since meeting you, I feel like I've had a second chance at a future. I mean, you're part of the reason. Would you be my girl?"

Gracie nodded and smiled. "I would love to."

The two moved closer together and their lips connected.

She pulled away and said, "If it weren't for second chances, we'd all be alone."

"Is that a song?"

"Yes. Second Chances by Gregory Alan Isakov. He's one of my favorite artists."

"I'll be sure to check his music out." He pulled out his list and wrote it down while Gracie smiled and laughed.

Eventually, their food arrived and the two ate, enjoying their food, their new relationship and the simplicity of each other's company.