My Father Figure

Isabella POV:

                The sirens were all I could remember. Then everything went black. Where I am now... I don't know... I'm cold. The place is dark. The paramedics put a needle in my arm that leads to a tube for a morphine drip. Pain spread through my arm and I black out completely....

Adam....

Adam POV:

                My leg bounced impatiently as I sat down in the plastic seat in the waiting room. "Any n-news yet...?"

"Nah bro..." Ty said irritated. I have asked the same thing over and over again for the past two hours.

"Calm down, Sky... She's okay." Jerome mumbled under his breath.

"HOW THE HELL CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN MY DAUGHTER IS IN THE HOPSITAL!!!" I yelled. I stood up and paced the room as a nurse came into the room.

"Adam Dahlberg. Please calm down. She's in intensive care but she is alright." The nurse took my arm and sat me back down in the chair. "All you can do is be patient."

"I can't be patient you little-" Tyler cut me off and Jerome covered my mouth.

"I'm sorry about him... Anger issues." I screamed insults against his hand and glared at the nurse.

I do not have anger issues!!!

When I calmed down I slumped back in my chair and Jerome uncovered my mouth.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Dahlberg. But that's all I can say on the matter." The nurse said before she walked out.

Isabella....

I fell asleep in that chair all night and the only thing that was audible to me through the haze of sleep was the constant shifting of my jacket when I moved. I couldn't wake up. I didn't want to. I put my daughter in the hospital?! Why in hell would I want to wake up?!

Eventually I woke up when Ian started shaking my shoulder. I groaned. Waking up meant confronting the issue at hand. I didn't want to see her lying in the hospital bed, possible at death's door.

"Adam, are you alright?" Ian questioned.

"I'm fine. Just worried as hell." I could barely hear my own voice. Everything I said it seemed to be wobbly and light.

"It'll be okay, Sky."

Isabella POV:

                The last moments I could remember were hidden under a layer of imaginary snow. My head was cloudy and I couldn't breathe...

The haze settled and choked me. The darkness continued to swallow me up and I wanted to scream for Adam. I wanted my father. I don't want to die... I don't want to die...

I would keep saying these words in my head. In all one thing came to mind.

Adam...

I want my dad. He was the only person who cared for me. I want him back. If I can't live for him then I can't live for anyone...

Adam...

Adam...

Adam...!

A long beep echoed through my head and I could feel my mortal body relax. Am I dead? No, I can't be! Not now...

No pain, No heartbeat, Just...Silence.

I want to go home. I want my dad...