Friends VS Family

(you get it by now. Her POV)

I noticed that Jerome relaxed and Adam took my arm, beaming with excitement as he practically dragged me into the house.

The inside was just as beautiful as the outside. Well, sort of. There was an HD TV mounted on the wall in front of a grayish green arm chair and couch. There were little figurines of cubed people on a few bookshelves, night light torches in some outlets, and there was a set of stairs going up into another hallway.

Who are these people?

                                    A guy with wavy brown hair and greenish eyes was sitting on the couch with a bright orange headset, as he played a shooting game on the TV. He was chubby at the cheeks but not by much and I smiled a bit when he jumped after Ty hugged him. So I guess he didn't see it coming.

"Jason! We. Are. Home!" Adam's voice rang out.

"We brought home a puppy!" Ty claimed as he shifted his body so Jason couldn't see me.

"Why...?" He stared blankly at Ty who lied about getting a puppy and Adam held in his laughter.

Silence...

"Well, uhhh..... Actually we adopted a girl." Ty move out of the way and Jason eyed me. A soft smile crept on his face and I dug my shoe into the floor like I'm putting out a cigarette. I was shy and I felt vulnerable. I could be strong back at the orphanage because so was used to the teasing and I knew where it was safe to fall. But here... I'm doomed.

"Cute. I'm Jason." He outstretched his hand and I nervously shook it.

"She's down right adorable." Adam laughed and hugged me making me tense. My hands were fists in my hoodie pockets and my nails dug into my palm making deep cuts.

I relaxed when the blood started to drip from my palm and along my fingers.

"Hey Jason. Wanna help is show her around?" I looked at all the people in the room. Adam, Ty, Jason, and Tyler. Jerome must've left and we didn't notice.

"Sure. Just playing Call of Duty." He turned the TV and game console off, pulling himself off the couch. Tyler noticed how tense I was and I didn't notice the blood seeping from the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Are you okay?" Tyler raised one eye brow at me and I nodded. I didn't feel safe with these people. Or maybe it was because it was new to me.

Tyler shrugged and missed the dot of blood on my hoodie. It slowly became a bigger spot and it was moist with the crimson blood.

                                    Jason led us up the flight of stairs after showing me the kitchen. It was huge. The hallway upstairs has baby blue wall paper and red stripes at the top and bottom. About 10 doors were along the walls and some were spaced more than others. I assume because of the rooms with bathrooms.

About 7 of the doors had a small sign that had names on them. Clearly Ty, Adam, Jerome, Tyler, and Jason. But there were other names, like Ian and Mitch. I noticed that the other 3 had no names at all.

Adam took my arm and pulled me to the end of the hallway, to one of the doors with no name. "This will be your room." Adam opened the door and I stared inside. It was amazing!

There was a shelf above the bed that held small knick knacks like snow globes, glass animals with ruby eyes, and a few books held back with a pixel designed holder. The bed had a green and gold comforter and teal sheets; there was a red carpet right beside the bed also. The small wooden and glass bedside table had a clock on it along with a hotel styled lamp.

What caught my eye was a deep purple desk with a computer and mic set up; the mouse pad had the same pixel design. The room was just as beautiful as the rest of the house. A smile broke into my face. Never had I wanted to hug someone as much as I wanted to hug this Adam fellow.

                My heart sped up as Adam hugged me from behind. I still wondered what type of videos they made but after a while I picked up the pieces.

Minecraft videos.

I smiled wide and hugged him back. A tear burned in my eyes and I wiped it away quickly before they could see it. Jerome cracked the door open wider and came inside.

"Hey guys. What's up...?" Ty smiled at how happy I was and when I put my arms around Adam my sleeve rode up my arm a bit showing multiple cuts, bruises, and scars.

"N-Nothing." Ty replied and he took my hand quickly pulling me away from Adam. Ty took me to his room and shut the door.

"What's wrong?" I hid the shakiness of my voice and counted the seconds of silence until he answered.

"Why do you have cuts on your arms?" He took my hand in his raising my arm and pulled the sleeve down. He glared at the cuts and I winced when he trailed his finger down one.

"I-I uh...." There was no correct answer to say but the truth. No matter how badly I wanted to lie, I just couldn't. I was free to tell them what happened. They couldn't hurt me anymore. "The people at the orphanage hurt me. Beat me up and shoved me down the stairs." I sat on the edge of his bed with my head in my hands. "They s-said I was w-worthless..."

                I broke. Tears stung my eyes and I clawed at my arm to counter the pain. I sat there, crying on a random stranger's bed and all I could think of was the numerous times they hurt me. Hannah tripped me going down the stairs, Damian tied me to my bed in the middle of the night so I would be late, and the others constantly kicked, hit, and bullied me. Ty sighed and sat next to me and rubbed my back as I cried.

No matter how badly I didn't want them to see me cry, I couldn't hold it back. I felt weak and scared. My body trembled as he hugged me tightly and Adam knocked on the door.

"You two okay?" I heard his voice, curious, from behind the door.

"Y-" I started but Ty finished it for me.

"Yeah, we're fine." He got up and opened the door when I finally stopped crying. To be honest, I felt better.

"Good, you two were in here for a while." Adam smiled his usual smile and I went to my room, staying quiet. I felt a lot better.