how it 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 started

a few months ago.

the moment taehyung set his eyes on the vampire sitting in the corner of the bar surrounded by a bunch of other people—bloodsuckers as well, he could tell—he made up his mind about the kill for the night.

the vampire tipped her head back, brushing away the dark hair falling into her face as one of her friends poured her another glass. she looked up like she could feel his gaze on her. taehyung swallowed the surprise threatening to take over his expression and forced the corner of his mouth to lift in a slanted smirk. he turned back towards the display of alcohol, playing all hard to get while twirling the remainder of margarita in his glass.

it took less than two minutes and he could already smell the spicy blend of amber, woods, and something odd, like cinnamon—just centimeters away as the vampire climbed onto the stool next to him.

there had always been something off about kim jennie; from the very moment she walked up to him in that bar with a blood-red drink in hand, chatting him up and asking if taehyung didn't need a refill.

taehyung should have known then and there that it wouldn't be easy to get rid of her, but he got ahead of himself, focusing on all the wrong things, internally laughing at how jennie's easy confidence would bring her demise—instead of a human to feed from, she had found a hunter who had been waiting all night for a perfect opportunity to kill.

"do you buy drinks for all the lonely boys around here?"

jennie ducked her head with a chuckle. "only for those who aren't hiding how openly they're staring at me," she said, waving the bartender over to get them both whatever taehyung had been drinking.

taehyung hummed, picking up on how it had all been for show. "there's certainly a lot to stare at," he said, still deciding to entertain jennie, figuring that tickling her ego was his best shot at getting her out of pink venom bar.

"oh, you think so?" jennie grinned, propping her elbow on the bar counter to shift her body more towards taehyung. she had that magnetizing kind of pull, like the air around her demanded the attention of curious, wanting eyes.

taehyung refused to be charmed. he wouldn't admit jennie was beautiful even if someone threatened to rip his heart out. that pretty face and petite body was just hiding how twisted up and rotten she was on the inside. it was a part of her vampire charm—she made herself alluring, and it was his job to break from under that spell.

if she wasn't a vampire and taehyung wasn't dying to kill her, they could have had fun together.

the way she followed taehyung out of pink venom and trailed after him with a dazed expression before dragging him over into the dark streets of seoul where the streetlights couldn't shine light on her wandering hands—it was an indication of her interest. whether it was of taehyung himself or his blood, he couldn't tell.

jennie's cold hands made taehyung shiver when it landed on his neck, but despite it, her hold was gentle while her fingers curled around his nape. taehyung had to remind himself to stay alert when jennie pressed him against the stone wall of a building, slotting their mouths together in an unhurried kiss.

the dagger taehyung had strapped around his waist under the loose shirt was digging into his back as a warning not to get carried away as he kissed jennie, making the filthiest and the sweetest sounds to break down his inhibitions.

taehyung dug his fingers into jennie's hips and pulled her closer. the groan that slipped out of her soft little mouth had her pulling back panting, her breath fanning over taehyung's face.

"how about we, uh—take that to my place, darling?" she asked.

taehyung wanted to bash his teeth in at the pet name alone. "not yet," he said instead, breathless as he waited for the perfect moment to strike. which. . . wasn't coming, and that was starting to wear away his patience. he swallowed hard, and—forcing a more sultry tone—said, "wanna kiss you some more."

jennie huffed out a laugh, then, her lips twisting into a smirk, and pulled taehyung right back in, kissing him like a woman starved. it was only a matter of time before her actual hunger would win over the desire—taehyung knew exactly how that would go. kisses becoming sloppy, lips slowly wandering down to the neck, and then the paralyzing pain as fangs pierced through skin.

tonight, it wouldn't come any close to that, but he still needed a bit more time to get jennie to let her guard down.

so he put some more character into those kisses, sliding his thigh between jennie's legs to let her grind against it. she gasped, her fingers tangling in his hair and gripping the strands with unnatural force as taehyung licked into her mouth. he could taste the traces of wine and blood on jennie's tongue, and it must have been the first time he didn't feel completely repelled by it.

he couldn't tell why, but he didn't like that.

when jennie got too busy rolling her hips against his thigh, taehyung found leverage against her hip. with all the force he possessed in his dazed body, he shoved jennie off and backwards, pushing her against the opposite wall. reaching behind himself to pull his dagger out, taehyung pressed it to the left of the center of her chest with practiced ease.

seeing jennie's eyes widen in astonishment as she took in the situation was enough of compensation for the vivid images of her grinding against his thigh he would be a victim to for the following days.

taehyung met her gaze head-on, satisfaction blazing in his veins when he thrust the dagger in, piercing right through her heart.

"it was a pleasure," he said, grinning like the devil as he watched jet black blood drip down her chin.

and he was hoping that would be the last time he would be forced to stand face to face with kim jennie. unfortunately, he had been wrong.