𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖊𝖓

Luke's POV:

I had always felt a void in my relationship with Joel. We were never close, always distant. But when I started dating Taylor, I realized that we needed to bridge the gap between us if I wanted my relationship with Taylor to flourish.

Summoning up my courage, I approached Joel one day. "Hey, Joel, can we talk?" I asked tentatively.

Joel looked up from his book, a mix of surprise and curiosity in his eyes. "Sure, what's up?" he replied, cautiously.

I took a deep breath. "I've been thinking, and I want to spend more time together. We've been distant for too long, and I want to change that," I explained earnestly.

Joel raised an eyebrow, clearly taken aback by my sudden initiative. "Really? Why the sudden interest in bonding with your long-lost brother?" he asked, a hint of skepticism in his voice.

I shrugged, trying to hide my nerves. "I guess I realized that family is important, and I want to make things right between us," I admitted.

Joel studied me for a moment before finally nodding. "Alright, I'll give it a shot. Let's see how it goes," he agreed, cautiously optimistic.

As the days passed, we began spending more time together. We played video games, went fishing, and even shared stories from our childhood. Slowly but surely, our bond started to grow stronger, and we began to enjoy each other's company.

One sunny afternoon, as we sat on a park bench, our laughter filled the air. I felt a sense of joy I hadn't experienced in a long time. "You know, Joel, I'm really glad we're doing this. It feels good to have a brother I can actually hang out with," I said, a genuine smile on his face.

Joel chuckled, his eyes sparkling with warmth. "Yeah, it's been nice. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually enjoying spending time with you," he admitted a hint of surprise in his voice.

Encouraged by our growing camaraderie, I decided to open up about his relationship with Taylor. "Hey, Joel, I have something I want to talk to you about," I began, my voice tinged with nervousness.

Joel turned to me, curiosity evident in his eyes. "What is it?" he asked, leaning in slightly.

I hesitated for a moment, gathering my thoughts. "It's about Taylor. I know she's your best friend, and I want you to know that I genuinely care about her," I started, hoping Joel would understand.

Joel's expression changed, his brows furrowing. "What are you trying to say, Luke?" he asked, his tone growing more serious.

I took a deep breath, trying to choose my words carefully. "I know you figured out I made a bet with my friends about dating her, but it's not what you think. I never meant to hurt her. I actually love her, and I'm trying to make things right," I confessed, my voice filled with sincerity.

Joel's eyes widened, a mix of anger and disappointment flashing across his face. "Are you kidding me, Luke? How could you be so heartless?" he exclaimed, his voice rising.

I tried to defend myself, desperation evident in my voice. "No, Joel, you don't understand! I never wanted to hurt her. I'm trying to make things right, to prove that I truly care about her," I pleaded, hoping Joel would give me a chance to explain.

Joel shook his head, his anger not subsiding. "I can't believe you, Luke. You've betrayed Taylor's trust, and I won't stand for it. You need to fix this, and until you do, I don't want anything to do with you," he declared, his voice filled with finality.

The atmosphere around us grew heavy with tension. My heart sank as I realized the magnitude of my mistake. I had hoped that Joel would understand, but instead, I had pushed him away even further.

As the sun began to set, casting long shadows over the park, we stood there, our faces etched with a mixture of anger and sadness. Our attempt to mend our relationship had backfired, leaving us further apart than ever before.

I knew I had to give Joel some space, to let him process his emotions. It was clear that our argument had wounded our fragile bond. With a heavy heart, I nodded sadly, silently acknowledging our disagreement.

Days passed, and the silence between us grew. I actually missed my brother, but I knew that I needed to respect Joel's boundaries. And then I noticed my change in character, as I had never paid attention to my brother's approval before. And then I realized something that frightened me.

Taylor is changing me. But is it for the better or the worse?