𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝

Taylor's POV:

I was nervous as I waited for Luke to pick me up for our second date. I was hesitant to give him a second chance. I didn't want to get my heart broken. Was Luke worth the risk? I wasn't sure.

But, I still considered going on a second date, since Luke seemed desperate to impress me. Which I had to admit, made me feel good about myself, that someone like Luke was desperate for me.

I wondered where he was taking me this time. He had said it was a surprise, and that I should dress casually. I had chosen blue jeans and a white blouse, with a light jacket and sneakers. I hoped I looked good enough for him.

I heard a honk outside and ran to the door. I saw Luke's car parked in front of my house. He was leaning against the driver's side, wearing a black T-shirt and jeans. He smiled when he saw me and waved.

"Hey, you look beautiful," he said as I approached him.

"Thank you, you look handsome too," I said, blushing.

He opened the door for me and helped me get in. He got in the driver's seat and started the engine.

"So, where are we going?" I asked, curious.

"You'll see," he said, winking. "It's something fun and exciting."

He drove for about half an hour until we reached a large park. He parked the car and got out. He opened the trunk and took out a backpack.

"What's in there?" I asked.

"Some supplies for our adventure," he said, grinning. "Come on, follow me."

He led me to a trail that went into the woods. He put the backpack on his shoulders and held my hand as we walked.

We chatted about our hobbies, our families, our dreams. I felt comfortable and happy with him. He made me laugh with his jokes and stories. He listened to me with interest and attention. He complimented me on my eyes, my hair, my smile.

We reached a clearing where there was a large lake. The water was calm and clear, reflecting the blue sky and the green trees. There was a small wooden dock at the edge of the lake.

"Wow, this is beautiful," I said, admiring the view.

"It is, isn't it?" Luke said. "But not as beautiful as you."

I could tell he wanted to kiss me, but he resisted after remembering his promise. But his words still made my heart flutter.

"Are you ready for some fun?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He pointed to the dock, where a canoe was tied to a post.

"We're going canoeing," he said.

"Really? That sounds awesome," I said.

"I'm glad you think so," he said. "Come on, let's go."

He took me to the dock and helped me get into the canoe. He got in after me and untied the rope. He handed me a paddle and took one for himself.

"Have you ever done this before?" he asked.

"No, never," I said.

"Don't worry, it's easy," he said. "Just follow my lead."

He showed me how to paddle and steer the canoe. We moved away from the shore and into the open water.

We paddled around the lake, enjoying the scenery and the breeze. We saw ducks swimming by and fish jumping out of the water. We heard some birds singing in the trees.