Chapter - 12 (iii)

Start from the beginning

"Alright, your work is done here. The money will soon be transferred into your account. After that don't even dare to contact me, you'll delete my contact and all the call logs and the messages, understand?" A cold feminine voice could be heard, and he nodded his head. "Yes madam."

Back in Seoul, the woman to whom the cold feminine voice belonged was sitting in a hotel room at the top most floor. Cool breeze was entering inside the luxury room through the open glass doors of the balcony. She was wearing a white bathrobe and her long damp brown hair rested on her left shoulder. She had a cold expression on her face as she sat on the couch. She stared at the pastries kept in front of her on the coffee table and picked up a pastry before putting it on a small plate.

She grabbed a fork and slowly pierced into the pastry and took a small piece out of it. She raised it up and brought it to her eye level. Tilting her head, she whispered dangerously. "Kim Taehyung, I don't care what happened in the past, but now I want you, and you'll be mine at all costs." She smirked and laughed evilly before putting the piece of cake inside her mouth, as the moon shone in the dark sky, illuminating the dark side of the world.

[Time Skip]

"Home sweet home!" You spread your arms and chirped as soon as you stepped out of the car, making Taehyung smile. After the long flight, you took in a deep breath and stretched your arms to relax your tensed muscles. Taehyung wrapped his arm around your waist and kissed your temple as you giggled, filling his heart with warmth. Indeed, the feeling of protection one gets when they are at their home is something they never get anywhere else, but for you it was different, for your home wasn't just the mansion you were living in, it was also the person whom you called your husband, the love of your life.

You both entered your home as the maids and guards welcomed you. One of the maids walked forward and handed you a bouquet as you gladly accepted it. "We are happy to see you both, Mr and Mrs Kim." She said, as Taehyung nodded with a smile. "Please freshen up sir and ma'am, lunch is ready." Another maid said as Taehyung softly held your hand and guided you upstairs to your shared bedroom.

He opened the door for you as you entered and straightaway went and plopped on the couch. He giggled at this habit of yours. "Is my sweetheart tired?" He asked while placing your sling bag on the table as you hummed in response. He sat beside you and stroked your hair. "Did the doctor call you yet?" You shook your head at his question. "I'll tell you if she does." You weakly smiled at him as he nodded. "Do you want to take a shower? Or should I go in first?" He asked while caressing your cheeks as you thought for a while before answering, "You go first. I need to take some rest because I think I'll fall if I take another step." You both laughed as he nodded and got up before walking towards the bathroom.

A little later, your phone started to ring. You picked up your phone and glanced at the caller id, it was the doctor who had checked you up the evening you fell sick back in Paris. You glanced at the closed door of the bathroom. The sound of the water running down indicated that Taehyung was still taking a shower. You took in a deep breath and picked up the call with your shaking hands.

"Hello..." You almost whispered. "Hello. This is Dr Chen. Is it Mrs Kim Y/n, wife of Mr Kim Taehyung, I'm speaking to?" She spoke in a professional tone. "Yes Dr Chen..." You replied and heard some sound, like someone was flipping pages, probably the doctor was going through your reports? "Mrs Kim." You heard her firm but soft voice after a while as you held your breath. "Your prediction was true..."

[Later that evening]

You laid on your bed with your hands upon your stomach and stared at the ceiling as various thoughts occupied your mind. Positive thoughts and happy thoughts. You got out of your trance when you felt someone pulling you closer to them. You turned towards your side and Taehyung's soft sleeping face came into your view, making you smile. His one arm was wrapped around you while you were sleeping on his other arm. You both had decided to take a nap after lunch to regain your energy after the long flight, but you couldn't sleep after talking with Dr Chen.

You raised your hand and gently caressed Taehyung's cheeks. He was breathing softly which made you feel peaceful. But his phone started to ring out of the blue, breaking the tranquility as you groaned in annoyance. Taehyung opened his eyes and immediately got up to attend the call while you cursed the person in your head for destroying such a serene scene.

Taehyung furrowed his brows at the unknown number. He excused himself and walked out of the room in the balcony to pick it up. You gazed at his figure and watched his expressions turn from confusion to frustration and finally fury. He declined the call and barged into your room, scaring you a little and walked straight into the closet. You couldn't understand what happened to him all of a sudden. Getting up, you sat on the bed and waited for him to come out.

He came out wearing a gray suit and pants with a white shirt underneath. You quietly walked towards him and backhugged him as he was busy fixing his tie. You could sense how tense he was. "Let me do it for you." You whispered and he sighed. He turned around and you pulled the strap of his tie and fixed his collars. "What happened, love?" You gently asked him while patting his shoulders, trying to calm him down. He just hugged you and inhaled your fragrance as you patted his back. "I'm sorry but I'll have to go to the office Y/n, some work has come up." You smiled. "It's okay, take care and try to return soon, I'll wait for you." He kissed your forehead and left, as you plopped on the bed again, feeling tired.

You finally felt sleepy and your eyes were almost closed when your phone dinged with a notification. You decided to ignore it when your phone dinged once again, and again, and again until it started to overflow with notifications. You got up all perplexed, confused at who was sending you so many messages. An unknown number had texted you and sent you a few photos and voice messages. You thought it was spam, until your eyes caught the specific message and name...

"I am Song Chanmi, Taehyung's ex."