Can I Sew Into Your Heart?

You were sat in the kitchen, distracted, and Dora was making dinner. She was your mentor and only friend in the Mott Mansion. The big and empty place had plenty of empty rooms so you slept in a different one every night. Gloria never seemed to mind and she was kind to you, even if she was a bit naïve to her son's own problems.

The only difference between you and Dora is that you mainly did the sweeping and cleaning now. Dora kept on the food and laundry. Equal chores for both of you kept you happy. Sometimes though, there was always a time when you felt bored and tired since you managed to keep the place so clean. So, you sewed. Sewing was your favourite thing to do, and it kept you busy before Gloria employed you. You sewed Gloria and Dora jackets, small hats and gloves. They were small, never a big project like jumpers or a winter coat.

Until, one cold day on a dark December, Gloria came into the room you were currently sleeping in as you were reading. "Y/N, I need you to do something."

"Sure Ms.Mott, what needs doing?"

"Sew Dandy a jumper. He's sensitive to the cold, and has been dealing with a sniffle." She smiled slightly at you, and you nodded to just go along with it, but inside you felt like this was going to take up too much of your time. Begrudgingly you got up once Gloria left, and opened one of the small boxes by your bedside. It held different types of wool, cotton, needles and threads.

Thankfully, however, Gloria bought you a brand-new sewing machine. You were never able to get one, being an orphan had its downsides. Many, downsides. They were never kind to you, but you were kind to those who offered you calm, sweet silence, instead of yells and shouts. Karma would hit those people soon, you always thought. Karma exists.

Despite your busy mind, remembering where you came from, you turned the machine on. You grabbed everything from the open box and got to work. Whizzes and brrrs filled the quiet room. The door couldn't stop the loud machine from making the mansion sound like it was a construction site. Although, everyone left you alone. Dandy was simply out, probably to try and talk to the freaks again. Gloria, most likely was watching television or reading. Then Dora, out of everything, was in the kitchen, washing vegetables and preparing dinner for the evening.

So, truly, you weren't disturbed in the slightest. To busy your mind even more than it was already, you hummed songs. In The Mood was the first one to come to mind. It was a fun song, and you danced with Dandy to it once. The man-child was being a brat again, and you took his hands, leading him to an empty room with a record player. "Y/N what is this? I don't care about what you're trying to do!" He asked grumpily, as always. You just smiled your sweet smile that made Dandy melt inside, (he'd never tell you that of course) and took his large hands towards the record player. Putting yours on top of his, you both placed In The Mood on the record player. He hid his smile, but Dandy knew you liked the song, so he let you lead the dance.

"Dandy darling, pleaseee come on join me!" You chuckled, dancing around awkwardly. A few seconds went past before Dandy took you in his arms and started to dance with you.

"You're a horrible dancer."

"you love me." A giggle escaped your lips as Dandy and you danced around the whole room, not missing any corner. "I love you." You whispered to Dandy. The song ended, and he dipped you down for half a second. He held your waist and gently placed a kiss on your lips. Once you returned back, a hand on his face.

"I love you too."

But the whirrs brought you back to reality. Already you were done with the sleeve, somehow it didn't look terrible despite being in a dazed state the whole time. It was a dark blue, mixed with some blacks and shades of grey.