13.

"Although i said yes to master, but why do you have to come? You're my secretary, you should be on my side."

Eleane sigh at this words.

She's currently helping the maid pick up her dress to pack for the cold place she's going to visit. And Dylan, is besides her, trying to make her bot leave him.

"It's because i am your secretary, that i have to come. Not only i will be able to help Charlize get more support, i also can manage the connection between you so you won't be threatened so much when you become the emperor."

Dylan clenched his jaws then helplessly look at Charlize who volunteer to help her."Master..." Charlize tried to hide her laugh but failed miserably."I can't really do anything, your highness." The boy sulk at her rejection.

Eleane look at the poor droop ear puppy, she couldn't hold her gushing so she hold Dylan face and rub his cheek with hers together."You are most adorable thing i ever seen! Yes you are~"

Dylan froze in shock, while Charlize shoulder already shaking painfully hold her big laugh.

"Be honest, why are you coming with me?"

Charlize and Eleane are now in a carriage that Duke Kenin prepared. Eleane want to enjoy the journey but maybe because it's the been long time she use teleport, she now feel car sick. Or should she said, carriage sick.

Not to mention the bumpy road really not helping her motion sickness.

"I heard the duke is really quite a face. I could use some candy eyes instead mop with Dylan all day."

Charlize sweat dropped at this, although she really thought Eleane join her because something more important that she use that excuse to Dylan, she didn't thought it was because she fancy duke kenin.

He did became the talk from the ladies being one of the most handsome leader in the empire. So maybe it occurs her curiosity?

But didn't Eleane have been closed to Kihu now? Did she want to play him?

The thought made Charlize frown at Eleane.

Charlize may not be his fiancé anymore but that doesn't mean she would let his feelings being played, especially when he looked like he's serious to Eleane.

And the fact duke Kenin is married really disturb her.

"Aren't you and young master Delmon having a consort?" Charlize just need to make sure.

To her suprise, Eleane face's blush madly by the mention of boy. She nervously look to the window to avoid Charlize eyes."I wouldn't say consort, the poor boy is too shy." Charlize eyes widen at this.

Eleane wave her hand and smile."Don't worry, i won't hurt him." Her eyes dimmed for a moment."He's a dear to you, I know. He's important to me too..." Charlize squint her eyes.

"Are you..... reluctant being with him?"

The girl couldn't help flinch, Now Charlize realize the big problem."Lady Eleane, it is true young master Delmon and i use to be engaged but it's over now. In fact, i think he has been fancy another lady." Eleane whipped her up in fast, making Charlize snort softly. She's younger yet she feel Eleane is more baby than her.

"Really?!" Charlize nod."Yes." Eleane move to sit beside her and look at her with shiny eyes."Did he say something??" Eleane didn't dare to say 'me' at the end fearing it would be someone else.

For a moment, Eleane almost forgot her elegant behaviour and let her obsessive fan side take over. No one couldn't blame her though. She like Kihu, she adore him if that's bot enough. And seeing him ended up being loyal dog to Charlize just doesn't sit right to her.

Not after what happened to him.

So to hear him fancy someone really hype her up. Because in the storyline, Kihu is one of the type 2nd lead that be single forever after falling in love ONCE in his life time. He didn't even tried to move on, he just sit by her side, being her bodyguard and even offer Charlize to be a tutor for their child .(spoiler for the one hasn't read the novel btw :p)

He wouldn't be swayed by other woman till death and even at his very last moment, he would still think about one peculiar lady that catch his attention whether it's in the past nor present.

Eleane didn't even mind if it's not her, as long as he deserves the happiness he should have.

And that, is enough for her.

Charlize was about to answer her but noticed the location they have arrived.

So she simply said."We're here." To avoid the conversation.

The knight help both of the gorgeous lady down what's await them is the duke it self with multiple servant and knights.

"Welcome Your highness, Lady Charlize." The duke greet.

Charlize give him the professional smile."Good day, duke Kenin. Thank you for consenting to our sudden request to stay in your territory."

Eleane bluntly smile."The rumour between the ladies are true after all."

Duke kenin raised his eyebrows with confusion smile."That is your highness...?"

"You are an absolute breath taking."

Duke Kenin blush at her words then laugh awkwardly, feeling flutter."Thank you for whoever compliment that then."
Eleane shake her head."It is your wife actually." The duke face became more red after that, even his tan skin couldn't cover it.

Charlize finally gets what she meant by not worrying Kihu.

She actually was fooled by this scheme girl. Eleane was never the type get swoon by others look

'clever move.'

In other places, Kihu has been working nonstop for being a duke and is busy with all the duty he received.

His father really not kidding when he said.

"Being a duke is not fun, Kihu. It's tiring, and I can't even have lonely time with your mom. You could have a sister by now~"

The results, he got a back head slap by the duchess.

As he sign the stack of paper that looks like keep piling up, a knock on window stop him.

He look up and instantly, the tiring panda eyes face lit up at the familiar bird. He didn't hesitate to open the window and let the bird fly in then land on his desk.

Kihu stroke the bird gently."Hello to you too, Margot." The bird give him 'hoo~' as a respond and show him her legs that look like being tied to a small letter.

"It seem Lady Eleane has arrived safely, thank you Margot."

He open the roll paper and when he read what's inside, he burst out laughing at her bold words.

'If you are Kihu, that means he's done well delivering the letter. If you're not then please feed this poor bird a slice meat, she's been flying around trying to find the right owner'

___________________________________________

The next chapter will be long and four day late because i will write down what really happens in Eleane past as Elin. I'll try to speed it up though.

This chapter is kinda short because during Charlize wager era has little to no Kihu scene.

Btw i got my period so it hurt like hell to even pick up a phone.

I did get better from the flu though ᕙ⁠(⁠@⁠°⁠▽⁠°⁠@⁠)⁠ᕗ

Stay safe everyone o⁠(⁠(⁠*⁠^⁠▽⁠^⁠*⁠)⁠)⁠o