Chapter 5 The First Lesson

Due to the emotional talk, the teens had last night they thought it would be a good idea to have a sleepover in Hiccup's room. It was a great idea, the only downside was being rudely awoken by Snotlout's shrill scream.

The first thing that happened after he woke them up was getting smacked in the face with a pillow courtesy of Ruffnut.

Astrid was about to murder Snotlout. "What the hell are you screaming about?!"

Unlike normal Snotlout didn't even seem to acknowledge the threat. He just kept pointing to the corner and stuttering. "N-n-n-night F-fury." Everyone turned to where he was pointing and screamed (not including Hiccup and Astrid of course).

If anything Astrid only got more annoyed at them while Hiccup was confused. How and when did Toothless even get here? "That's why you woke us up?! It's just Toothless for crying out loud!"

Astrid's statement shocked them even more that the dragon itself. Did she just call the most dangerous dragon ever Toothless? Astrid realized what she said and facepalmed. Hiccup hadn't told them about Toothless yet.

Hiccup sighed. Time to see if they would keep their promise. He walked over to Toothless and placed a hand on his snout. "Guys, this is Toothless."

"Hey." The Night Fury said in greeting. The teens almost forgot dragons could talk in this weird place.

Hiccup continued unaware of what his new friends were thinking. "He's the Night Fury I freed and well... we're friends now. Don't worry he's harmless." Toothless snorted at that last line. Harmless, yeah right.

"Let me get this straight." Tuffnut began. "You freed a Night Fury."

"The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself." Fishlegs meekly added making Toothless chuckle. So that's what they called him.

"Went back to find it after you freed him." Ruffnut said staring at him as if he was insane.

"And now you're friends with him?" Snotlout questioned in disbelief.

Hiccup and Toothless looked at each other and then back at the teens. "Yeah, we're friends." They answered simultaneously.

The twins broke out into wide grins at the news. "That is awesome!" They said in perfect sync like only twins could.

Hiccup and Astrid expected the twins to accept it very quickly. Legs and Snot on the other hand were a bit more hesitant.

Hiccup sighed. Looks like he'd have to convince them. Snotlout was ready to faint when Hiccup grabbed his hand and started dragging him towards Toothless who seemed amused at the hesitation coming from the two hatchlings.

"W-w-what are you doing?" Snotlout stuttered trembling slightly. How his cousin had completely no fear was beyond him.

"Do you trust me, Snotlout?" Hiccup asked him. Snotlout only nodded, he did promise to make it up to Hiccup for the past. Even if that meant becoming friends with a dragon.

"Then trust me when I say he won't hurt you." Hiccup said sincerely. "Hold out your hand like this and trust him." He said as he demonstrated what he did in the cove that day he gained Toothless' trust.

Snotlout did as asked and held out his hand. As soon as Toothless leaned in he let out a shocked laugh. Holy shit. He didn't get eaten or blasted to bits.

Hiccup repeated the same process with the twins and it went pretty smoothly. Fishlegs was still hesitant but being threatened with Astrid's axe gave him enough reason to go through with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once everyone finally returned to the theater they were surprised to see the teens with Hiccup rather than where they sat before. What also puzzled them was that their seats disappeared and how they seemed to be leaning against air.