😨Tyunning- Be with me

Start from the beginning

Taehyun remained calm. As long as Kai was talking, he was happy. It meant he was staying. "I do still love you. I never stopped. You were always the best. I was a scared idiot. I only said yes to him because I couldn't have you. Anything else you want to know?"

"Yeah. Why the hell am I here?"

"... why are you here Kai? I want you here because I want you back. I want to be with you. I want to marry you Kai. I'd do anything to be yours again."

Kai felt uneasy. He wasn't the same person. Taehyun wasn't either. But how could he ever forgive him for what happened? He took a hard look at his ex. "Taehyun. I can't."

"I'm not the same person. I'm more mature. I- I'd love to get to know who you are now..."

"Taehyun... I have to get back to work."

"I love you. We were meant to be together. I didn't realize it back then but I know it now! I'm going to fight for this until you tell me to stop. Please don't leave. Let me show you how much I've changed! Let me show you how much I love you... please?"

"No!" Pain filled Kai's eyes. His voice broke. "Taehyun. You have no idea what it's like to return two engagement rings." He started to cry between words. "The day I bought those rings was the happiest day of my life. I remember telling the employee how happy I was. How much I loved you. I saw years of us in those little rings. And you said no! Taehyun you fucking said no!"

Taehyun couldn't hold his own tears back anymore. "I'm so sorry... I really did love you. Give me another chance! I'm yours! God Kai... please! I'll do anything to be back in your life again. If you really don't want to try, I'll leave from your life. If you give me another chance, I promise to fix everything I broke. I hurt you. I know I did. I WILL spend the rest of my fucking life to regain your trust if you let me." Taehyun got down on his knees. People stared but his focus was solely on Kai. "Do you want to try again?"

Kai blinked the water away. His vision remained blurry as he stared at those beautiful puppy eyes that he originally fell in love with. Taehyun looked vulnerable. Kai whispered "I don't want to get hurt again."

"You won't! Please... just give me one date." Taehyun quickly wiped his tears. He repressed every ounce of hope in case he got rejected again. The corners of his lips slightly turned upwards when he saw Kai ignoring the message that popped up on his watch.

Another message popped up. This one Kai looked at. Soobin was texting him about some work emergency. "I have to go."

Taehyun sat back down on his chair. "Will you be free tonight?"

Kai stood up and grabbed his bag. "I'm not sure."

Taehyun took one desperate last shot. "I'll be here at seven. Um... what do you drink now?"

"Matcha latte with vanilla and whipped cream."

"I'll be here at seven with a matcha latte... I love you Kai..." Taehyun watched him leave without another word. He got into his car and began the drive back to his condo.

It was 2pm. Taehyun began boxing in his workout room. It was the only thing he could think of to expel his anxiety. A nice hot bath was next. The last time he took a bath was the day before Kai proposed. They took one together. They were sitting in the tub, enjoying each other's company. His phone began to go off from a guy he had been flirting with at work. Kai asked who it was. He lied. It's why he said no. He thought he was doing them both a favor. In a way he was.

Their relationship got boring in his eyes. They had been together for years. This new guy gave him the excitement back. It wasn't until he lost Kai that he appreciated everything the blonde had done for him. No one cared for him as well as Kai did.

Looking back, he realized how hard Kai tried to keep them together. Proposing was just a desperate plea to keep him in his life.

Taehyun decided that if he got his second chance, he would give Kai the world. He would buy a ring of solid diamond if it meant being with him forever. Their life wasn't boring. It was bliss. His life now was depressing.

He stared at the other side of the tub and imagined Kai in it. The blonde would probably be playing mobile games on his phone. Or watching videos. The image of Kai faded. He was alone again. The water got cold. He stepped out to get dressed.

The rest of his time was spent reviewing old pictures of them together. Before he knew it, it was time to leave. Upon arrival, Taehyun look one last look at himself in the mirror. He fixed a couple of flyaway strands then reapplied lotion on his face. His skin glowed. He had every reason to be confident as he stepped out of the car. His watch told him it was 6:55.

Taehyun stopped in front of the door to take a nervous breath. A lady almost hit him when trying to exit. That was his cue to go inside. There was a surprisingly long line for how late it was. He glanced at his phone. 6:57. He looked up at the menu to find Kai's drink. After searching for a few seconds, he saw a blonde sitting at a table in the corner of his eye.

Kai held up Taehyun's favorite drink. "You looking for me?"

Taehyun ran over. He didn't bother to grab the drink. He grabbed Kai's cheeks instead. "You came!"

Kai kissed him.

Taehyun had been waiting five years to feel those lips again. It was everything and more. He felt Kai pull away but he wasn't done. He couldn't stop. He was fully intoxicated as the blonde kept kissing him back. When he finally pulled away, he couldn't stop smiling. "You're here! You... I love you Kai. I always have."

"I love you too. I'm not ready for a commitment though."

"I know... again, I'm sorry I did that to you. How about one date at a time? We won't be official until you're ready."

"Are you going to be seeing anyone else?"

That was a valid question and Taehyun hated it. "No... I promise I've changed. I only want you. I will always only want you. And I'll spend the rest of my life building your trust again if you let me."

"You might be waiting a while..."

"You're worth it." Taehyun placed his hand on top of Kai's and held it tightly. He stood up while pulling the blonde to his feet. "If I only get one chance then I want to do this right. You ready to go?"

"Sure? Where?"

"Where we first met." Taehyun drove to the beach with Kai in the passenger seat. His hand never left his. They didn't say much and that was okay. Just being together again made him the happiest he's felt in five years.

Taehyun kept his word. It took Kai an entire year to fully trust him again. He didn't complain once during that time. The year after that, Kai moved in. They started living together.

On their third anniversary, he proposed. Kai wasn't expecting it at all. He didn't speak. Just stared at the velvet box below him. Taehyun waited for a response with the ring in his hand. He got a taste of what Kai felt. It was horrible. He couldn't imagine moving on if he got a rejection. His eyes started to water after a few more seconds of silence. He whimpered "baby? Please do me the honor of marrying me."

Kai loved Taehyun with all of his heart. He saw how different they were from what they used to be. Five years of seperation made them better people. He was mature enough to realize that if Taehyun had accepted his proposal back then, they would most likely be divorced now. This time they were truly ready. Kai gazed into those starlight eyes and smiled. "Yes."