Chapter 2

"This doesn't make any sense Kagome," Miroku states. The monk's eyebrows upturned in confusion as he scans the well.

"I know! But that's exactly what happened!" Exclaims Kagome.

"It can only be Naraku's doing," Sango concludes stepping away from the well with a scowl.

"His presence is faint here but there has been an increasing number of demons lurking about too," Miroku observes, "You're positive Y/N did not make it back home?"

"I'm positive! I jumped in right after Inuyasha and when I got out, neither of them were there," Kagome shares.

"Whatever's going on we need to get to the bottom of it but Kagome you should go home," directs Miroku.

"But what good will that do?" Kagome cries.

"You're the only one who can keep an eye out for them in your world. We can meet at the end of the day, just for at least two days," Miroku states.

"Two days? We need to act fast!" Sango argues.

"I understand Sango, but we need to find some kind of lead," he starts.

"We have a lead! It's Naraku!" Sango angrily shouts, not letting Miroku reply as she angrily turns to the forest.

The two watch her leave with worry but neither knowing what to say to give her any comfort.

"Kagome," Miroku interjects, "please try to understand, for some reason I feel something much bigger is happening."

Kagome looks over in worry.

"Something bigger than Naraku?" Kagome questions.

She's met with silence as Miroku doesn't dare to speak life to his thoughts but his silence has provided answer enough. Kagome watches his face stay stoic as they watch after Sango's retreating figure.

____________________________

Sat upon a dark wooden engawa a man marred by sickness faces the wind. His dark hair matching those of the crows that fly above him, one perching on his finger as it moves to speak softly into his ear.

"Amane," he calls out.

"They're here ," he smiles.

Behind him his wife sits with her knees tucked beneath her. Her attention wholly on the man before her.

"Yes Ubuyashiki-sama, I will begin the preparations," she answers.

"Thank you Amane."

__________________________

Truth be told, Tengen Usui didn't expect to actually talk to the two

Truth be told, Tengen Usui didn't expect to actually talk to the two. Instead planning on moving the girl out of the way to finally decapitate the dog. Yet the dawn peeked through the treetops and the demon remained. This was not something he could have accounted for as they all stood face to face.