"I see you've been talking to Taylor."

"I have."

"Do you talk about me?" Emma couldn't help but ask, feeling weirded out by the idea of her girlfriend and therapist having some kind of intimate conversation about her.

"Not always, but she mentioned that they were stressing both of you out. What do they say?"

"They say absolutely nothing." Emma rolled her eyes at the thoughts of every single empty piece of paper she had received.

"Nothing? Or just nothing important?"

"Nothing, they are always blank."

"Forgive me for asking this. How do you know they are from him?"

Emma didn't really know for sure, she just knew. "He sent me letters while he was still alive that had his name signed on it. After he died I kept getting the letters, they just stopped having anything written in them."

"Are you absolutely sure they are from him?"

"Of course I am. The envelopes are the same, they've got the same stupid bubble letters spelling out my name on the front and never have my address on them. I don't know who he has delivering them now, but I won't forgive my mum if it's her. I don't care what he put her through, there's no need to continue to taunt me after he's gone."

Dr. Phillips looked like she was genuinely interested in Emma's fanmail from hell. "I agree that it would be very cruel if it was your mother who was giving you these. Have you asked her about it?"

Emma shook her head. "No, I haven't."

"I think you should talk to her about this. It also wouldn't hurt if you went by the cemetery and saw your fathers grave. You can see for yourself that he's gone. You've spent your whole life being scared of him, I'm not entirely sure that you believe you have nothing more to be scared of."

"I will try."

"I appreciate the effort. Do you want to call Taylor and see if we can get her to come in through a backdoor or talk over the phone?"

Emma nodded and pulled her phone out. She dialed Taylor's number, not bothering to go to the contact that was saved in her phone. Emma didn't say anything when Taylor answered, she just handed the phone over to Dr. Phillips and listened to their conversation. Less than five minutes later Emma was being shuffled to a different room, one hidden behind a variety of doors and hallways.

Taylor was sitting in one of the chairs waiting for them. She smiled at Emma, but Emma didn't smile back. Both Taylor and Dr. Phillips sat and waited for Emma to initiate the conversation, but that didn't happen. Emma didn't know how to talk about this. It wasn't even a hard conversation given all of the conversations she and Taylor had at some point or another, but every word refused to leave Emma's mouth.

"Emma told me that she wants to stop taking one of her medications. We agreed that you would need to be involved in that conversation." Emma fought back the urge to say they hadn't exactly agreed. She wanted to stop taking it and her therapist didn't think she would say anything if things started to go down the wrong path.

"Okay. The one for sleep? She's mentioned that she doesn't feel great after taking it." Taylor looked over at her and took her hand.

"Yes, that's the one. She was telling me the same thing. I just wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page and that if she stops sleeping again it would be very important to address that issue before it snowballs into something bigger. Does that sound good to you Emma?"

Emma just nodded, feeling like her head belonged to someone else's body. She could hear every word they were saying, but she wasn't exactly listening.

"That sounds good to me too." Taylor squeezed her hand and her eyes shot up to join back in on the conversation. "Would she need to take a lower dose first or can she stop taking it entirely?" Emma hated the way they were talking about her like she wasn't there.