Through Eagle Eye's 2

Start from the beginning

Link had enjoyed his stay at the Swallow's Roost Inn for the last two weeks. The innkeepers had gone above and beyond to make him feel comfortable, even providing him a private room with a cozy Rito-down bed. Although Link was hesitant to accept such luxurious accommodation, the staff insisted, citing his generous spending at the village shops as the reason for their gesture.

The staff also provided Link with extra amenities to ensure his stay was as pleasant as possible. From fresh linens to a stocked mini-fridge, Link felt pampered but humbled by their kindness.

As he packed his belongings on the 14th day of his stay, Link couldn't help but feel a tinge of sadness at the thought of leaving behind his temporary home. Carefully placing his items into his pouch, bag, and Purah pad, he kept them out of sight from others, not wanting to draw any unwanted attention to himself. Despite his reluctance to leave, Link knew it was time to move.

Revali approached Link as he prepared to depart and commented, "It seems like you're getting ready to leave. Do you need help packing? Your bag appears to be overflowing. Would you like me to find a dumpster for you?"

Link chuckled and replied, "No, thank you. I've always traveled like this and it hasn't been an issue before, so I don't anticipate any problems."

Revali raised an eyebrow and remarked, "I have to disagree. Judging by the amount of unnecessary items you're carrying, I find it hard to believe that you're an experienced traveler. Maybe it's time to reconsider what you truly need for your journeys." He gestured towards a jar containing crickets and another jar filled with Hot-footed frogs hanging from Link's belt and asked, "What's the purpose of keeping these things? Are they essential for your travels?"

"You never know when having a restless cricket might come in handy up in the mountains." Link smiled

Revali entered the room and asked, "Where are you headed now? I hope you're not planning on crossing any more bridges after the last incident."

Link chuckled, remembering the time he had fallen off a bridge and caused quite a commotion in Rito village. "Don't worry, Revali. It was a one-time thing." He had been grateful for the help of the Rito, who had come to his aid, even if it was pretty comical to see him stuck on the edge of one of the islands.

Upon entering the room, Revali directed his attention to Link and inquired, "Where do your travels take you next?" While packing his gear, Link responded thoughtfully, "I was considering venturing to the mountains to partake in some Shield surfing before journeying south."

Noticing the hint of worry on Revali's face, Link's intuition was confirmed when the bird-like warrior offered, "Would you like one of our fellow Warriors to accompany you on your journey?" Although the question was simple, it spoke volumes of Revali's concern for Link's safety.

Link chuckled, "Don't tell me you're suddenly worried about me? And don't worry, I've done this before."

"That's not bothering me right now, but I won't tolerate any false accusations, Link," Revali retorted, his expression souring at the mention of his rival's name on his new... friend.

Link laughed, "Come on, with a name like Link, what bad luck could I possibly have?"

Revali sighed, "I hope everything goes smoothly for you. But it would mean a lot if you could visit occasionally... Everyone here will miss you... I suppose." He avoided eye contact as Link turned around.

Revali's unease was palpable as Link prepared to venture near the summits. The bird-like Rito did his best to conceal his anxiety, but Link could sense it nonetheless. Despite Revali's efforts to ensure Link's safety, the hero couldn't shake the guilt that crept up on him as he packed his belongings.