𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 XIII : 𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘛𝘏 42

━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER TWELVE:
EARTH 42 !

MAKING OUR way through the portal I collided with some type of surface and hit my head hard, sliding across the ground. Nico collides with a wall and grunts as he hits it a little hard.

Miles slips off his mask and breathes heavily, I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder to calm him down, "it's okay.." I whispered and he leaned into me, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

The three of us stand up, nico clutched the side of his waist and winced while trying his best to hold himself up. "see you guys later?" I say while gesturing to my mom's apartment nearby.

"Yeah, see you." Miles says and he glances at me and nico, debating on something but then— he just pulls us into a hug and webbed away.

I shrugged and slipped back on my mask before making my way towards my mom's apartment which wasn't far.

Nico webbed off to his mom's place, it's like I could hear miles and nico's thoughts but I did my best to ignore them— because their thoughts were just like mine.

Nico tried his best to shake the thoughts away, he fell to the ground, hitting the streets' ground hard. he grunted and sat up a little, he could feel the pain on the side of his face getting worse.

he crawled and sat up, the side of his face still bleeding. he then disregards the web and starts running down the street, not looking back.

the neon streaks in his hair begin to glow rapidly— but unfortunately they were flickering instead. he keeps running and limps a little, some memories coming back to him.

he continues running, that same metal guitar string ringing in his ears making him let out a high pitched scream of frustration.

he doesn't notice a truck coming near him and accidentally collides with the truck making him slide across the ground and into another car making the glass shatter.

"I-..can't do this." Nico says hoarsely as he takes off the web shooters and throws them somewhere, slipping off his mask.

someone shouted, "are you okay?!" they ask but he doesn't reply and instead runs away while he continues limping.

somewhere far, far away his phone continues ringing and texts from his mom blew up his phone.

MOM:
hey, nico you
there? I'm about to get my promotion :) I took a picture of you and your father with me for good luck! I love you sweet pea 🤎

Nico runs inside an abandoned building and collides with a rusted pipe which makes him cry out in pain but his voice is hoarse from so much yelling.

with shaky hands he climbs up in his moms' apartment building while opening the window and getting inside his room, he collapses onto the floor.

That's odd . . ..everything was pitch black in his room, he doesn't remember that.

"Nico?" A voice comes from the room as the door opens slightly, revealing a tired— and familiar figure holding a bag of groceries.

he slowly turns around while quickly putting on his black sweater and a pair of some high waisted jeans. he slowly turns around, "pa?" he says while his eyes widened.

Hakeem looks at his son with confusion before gesturing to the groceries, "so...tacos or chicken? I had a hard time between choosing but I'm pretty sure we can have both! what do you say?"