1: Angels and Demons

Start from the beginning

I look at master to see if he'll allow me, but he's too occupied with these men, so I take the opportunity to go upstairs.

Upstairs, I grab my dog and head downstairs. He's in my arms. The man to the left reaches to take the dog. I'm confused. Why is he being taken.

The man who knows Spanish tells me, "hold out your hands."

"Why?" I ask. Master hits my back discreetly. He's telling me not to ask questions. I extend my hands to the man. He pulls out handcuffs. He puts the handcuffs on my wrists.

"So, it's covered then?" Master asks the men.

"We'll see," is all the other says. I think that's what he says.

...

There is a truck outside. It's black with a black logo of a hawk. "Get in," he says in Spanish.

They speak in both English and another language. I sit in the back with handcuffs. Is this what my life has come down to? "Where are we going?" I ask. They ignore me. ok. I'm used to that. I'm not even able to speak at home, so this is no different.

I must know my place.

"Put this in your body," he says. He hands me a syringe. Does he really believe that I'll inject this in my skin? Yes...yes, I will because if I disobey, then I'll be punished.

I put the syringe in my neck and inject whatever is in it. I just pray that this is what kills me.

Romeo

The money in this world cannot satisfy me. The women in this world cannot please me. I've gained everything, but I'm not happy. I have such power, but I want more.

Is this what we do? Continue to want more and more?

"Romeo," says Casso. He walks in the room and sprawls out on the chair.

"What?" I ask sharply. He sighs and takes one of the cigarettes from my desk.

"Bobby Ross didn't go through with his deal."

"What the hell do you mean?" I perk up. I hate men who double cross me.

"Bobby Ross doesn't have an eldest son."

"Then who the hell is Collins?!" I grow angrier as I read over his file. Bobby Ross. One child. Age eighteen. Collins Ross. How the hell is that not a son?

"Collins in his only daughter."

I laugh.

I laugh at the stupid boy's name for a girl.

I laugh at the deal that's been broken.

I laugh at Bobby Ross.

"They are bringing the girl to the halfway house."

I hum. Is that the best idea? Should I throw her with the men who train in the halfway house, or should I dump her to my rival? He deals with women...though I hate what he does to them.