I make myself walk further into the cemetery; there has to be someone who knows something. I don't allow myself to turn back even though I want nothing more.

I write it off as paranoia but I swear the atmosphere changes around me, the air, the sounds and even the sky.

When I make it to about the furthest point, that's where I smell it; blood. I need to turn back, that's what any person with a brain would do but I'm compelled to move forward. There's nothing forcing me to move, nothing but my own stupidity.

By the time I make it to the furthest part, I see him immediately. It would be impossible not to, with the white of his skin and the gloom he gives off. I would be able to walk away and write this guy off as some weirdo- that is, if it wasn't for the fact his was sucking the blood of some poor innocent women.

I run without sense and direction; all I can think about is how I'm going to die. I don't make it far before he appears right in front of me. "Don't be afraid and please don't scream", the soulless creature purrs. I don't scream but not because I want to listen to him, I don't scream because I physically can't. That's how afraid of him I am, so afraid that I literally can't make a sound.

"Good girl", he says as he brushes a strand of hair behind my ear. "I want you to listen to me, are you listening?" I nod but that disappoints him, "no, I want to hear your voice. Do you understand? Can you listen?" My voice doesn't even crack when I answer, "yes."

He smiles and there's a beauty about him that is unexplainable. Who knew the devil himself withheld such a beguiling allure. "What is your name, sweet creature?" "Redford", I say with ease. He smiles, one of too white teeth, "what a peculiar name. It suits you well", he says as a afterthought. I'm not sure if he means it as an insult- no, he definitely means it as an insult; regardless, I smile like a fool. I can't help but think back to meeting Henry because he said the very same thing. A common reaction because Redford really is a peculiar name.

"Redford, I want you to listen to me I am listening so I don't know why he keeps asking me that! Until he points it out I realize that I haven't really been listening all too well. Instead, I've been caught up on his appearance; I've never seen someone look like him.

He has dark hair that reminds me of coal and eyes so colourless grey isn't even a good enough description. His eyes may be colourless but it would be criminal to compare them to the zombie ghosts here. His eyes hold so much depth like he's seen so much in his time. Almost like he's been around for centuries and has seen every bit of bad which overshadows the good.

He's tall and slim but definitely not skinny. He's so pale that his skin reflects the moonlight. He should be odd looking but maybe because his features are all perfectly symmetrical that's why he isn't remotely odd looking.

"You're very pretty", I blurt out like an idiot. I expect anger from him because if I called Shawn or Trevor pretty that's how they would react but instead the beautiful man laughs a light rich laugh, "thank you Red."

I didn't tell him he could call me Red but I'm not mad that he did. I'm actually very happy, I don't remember the last time I felt this happy. I'm not dumb enough to contribute my happiness to being here, I'm happy because I feel none of the sorrow I've being feeling since my dad died.

As if he can feel my sadness he sombers, "I want you to look into my eyes, good", he says as soon as I do. "I want you do listen to what I say very carefully", I make a point to pay extra attention to him because I want to show him that I can please him. As if he can feel my effort he smiles and all I can think about is how I'll do just about anything to see him smile.

"I want you to forget what you saw when you came into the back of the cemetery. All you saw were the graves of the dead. You wanted to stay longer but it's getting dark and you know you shouldn't be out after dark which makes you want to leave. You never met anyone else, and you feel fulfilment for whatever reason you came here today. Thus, whatever is clearly making you upset will pass just like all things do and you know this. And after today you are going to start wearing silver so vampires can't compel you."