Physical contact—even if it's as subtle as holding hands—with Nick and Sean at the same time threw my mind to the gutter. Wyatt led the prayer and we retracted hands once it was done.

"Let's eat!" mother announced, followed by the clutter of utensils.

Nikolas and I reached for the soup at the same time. The minimal contact had me overdrive. The tension was thick as we started eating. Every little touch stole my undivided attention which says a lot because a number of gourmet dishes sat on our dining table as competition. My bare leg was against Nikolas's and the other was against Sean's. I could melt right then. I exhaled shakily as I reached for a glass of water and drank.

"We can talk about the donation procedures after dinner, Mr. Camillo." My mother's eyes glinted with Lord-knows-what.

"Sure, Rhea," Nick sent her a charming smile which knocked even me off my feet, "Please, call me Nikolas."

Such a sexy name for a sexy man.

"Where would the donation be used for?" asked Wyatt who was the only one free from any tension within the room.

"A clean-up drive. One that covers five neighborhoods. It's a big donation, Rhea, and I can't thank you enough."

He winked. He winked at my mother.

"I can think of a number of ways you can thank me," replied mom and I heard my brother choke on his chicken dijon.

Nikolas chuckled and shook his head, "Tell me so I can get started on it," he joked.

Sean leaned towards my ear, "I think I lost my appetite."

Laughing, I squeezed his hand on the table. Rhea didn't miss it.

"How's the salmon, Sean?" she asked in a motherly tone that surprisingly suited her.

"Delicious, thank you," he mustered big smile.

"Tell us about yourself," said mother, "It's not everyday I meet one of my daughter's friends... or are you more than that?"

Sean and I gave each other a look. I could also feel Wyatt and Nick's stares boring a whole through my contour.

"Just friends," I breathed out, cutting whatever Sean was about to say.

Friends, huh? Like Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis?

"Captain of the Swimming Team and, uh, I plan on taking Psychology in college. Parents are French and Spanish. Our businesses are with transportation and heavy machinery."

"What a handful," commented Rhea.

"Mr. Caron's one of our best students," Nikolas added, "Always at the top of his class."

"Thank you, sir."

"But you made time for Rosa, my daughter," spoke my mother in a suggestive tone.

"Rose is a dear friend," he said.

"If you ever want to be more than a friend to her, then you have my blessing," she said after inspecting us side-by-side. Even I can't deny that we do look good together, "You two would make a good pair. Right, Wyatt?"

Wyatt laughed awkwardly and continued eating his vegetables.

"Mr. Camillo? What do you think?" asked Rhea.

Without missing a beat, he answered, "Yes. They would make a great couple. I encourage it, Mr. Caro—"

"We're right here," my voice was oddly loud and Sean reassuringly squeezed my hand.

Nikolas only chuckled, mischief behind his brown orbs, "Teenagers" he said, shaking his head.

"What type of teenager were you, Nikolas?" mom asked. Finally something interesting.