I let my words falter, showing discomfort to convince him.

"The thing is, they hate her. Absolutely hate her. I've tried everything to get in contact but they wouldn't let me." I was careful with my choice of words.

"I've had it one night and ran away," I shrugged, "I went to her last known address, hoping I could find her there but I didn't. Eventually, all clues led to nothing and Wyatt found me before I could get a new lead."

I let my eyes get watery. It was a trick that had more to do with the control I had on my eyes than whatever sad things I could imagine to provoke tears. I've mastered it through the years. Even the sobs, the slight change in breathing, the soft tremble of my lips, the change in posture, down to the way my fingers sit on my lap.

"I just wanted to meet my mother, Jared," a tear fell on cue, "and these men—these people, they wouldn't let me. And now there's you. They think because you're here now, that would stop me. But I haven't stopped."

He looked taken aback from my vulnerability. He addressed me by my name this time, "Rose," but I cut him off.

"I found another address," I began, "From what I gathered, she lives there with her three children. Her last husband abandoned her. She's been struggling financially. And I just have to help her, Jared. Please."

My eyes landed on the shoppings bags. How could a spoiled brat drastically change into a sincere emotional one in just a matter of minutes? Well... "Those things I bought. They aren't for me, they're for her. I going to see her, Jared, and you won't stop me."

He stared at me, dumbfounded, even sad. Then, he sighed.

"You're telling the truth?" With the way he asked, I could tell he was close to cracking. I nodded.

"Tonight," without thinking, I reached over and took his hand in mine. It surprised us both, "I was planning to go tonight."

Jared pouted slightly. He looked boyish and cute with it despite the big-man-in-suit-esque. He groaned to himself before saying, "Fine. Fine. What do you want?"

Jared was quiet on our ride home. I let myself look sad as I stared out the window despite the constant urge to pull my phone out and stalk Henry Cavill. As soon as we got home, I went straight to my room in what, hopefully, seemed like angst. Then, I got ready for the party.

I got dressed quickly and snuck out, driving my own car this time. It's been a long while since I've sat in my favorite seat. I felt like I was the mother reunited with her daughter, daughter being the wheel. I should truly turn the car pink on the inside and out, for Jared's amusement.

Aiden's house looked serene. It was of Victorian architecture and sat on lush, well-kept green grass. Rows of hedges and tall trees decorated the yard and circular driveway. The house itself was baby blue, white, and gray which were colors that reminded me of Aiden himself. He greeted us in a pale yellow polo and beige pants, looking like a polished golf baby. What projected his personality though was the bright red apron with the words 'Get a load of my meat!' printed in white, and a big cartoon sausage where the crotch would be.

The boy prepared me early dinner as we waited for the others. Like all his other dishes, it tasted heavenly.

"I think Jie and Jeric like each other."

Aiden snickered, a knowing look accompanying it, "Of course they do. They're exes."

"Oh?" I muttered at a loss for the perfect response. It intriguing information but the steak had all my attention.

Following the spontaneous burst of info, "I think you and Sean like each other," Aiden said.

"And why do you think that?"