ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ

Start from the beginning

'I made them for the first time since I arrived here. A way to say thank you for keeping up with me and being my first-ever friend besides my mother, I hope you like them!'

Being presented in front of him was a plate filled with...brownies?

He picked one, the boy ushering out a small, 'Careful, it's hot', but Changbin paid no heed to it as he brought the delight close to his lips and took a huge savory bite.

'...'

It was like a pop of flavors, melting in his mouth. The softness and yet the crunch of the base- the sweetness and yet the bitterness of cocoa- the dessert cradled at his taste buds, leaving him with wide eyes and a gaping mouth right after he gulped down the remaining remnants of the sweet,

'Lixie-these are- FUCKING AMAZING-' -the alpha exclaimed, muttering out a not-so-sincere apology once he saw the boy flinch at his loud voice but damn-

The brownies were actually so good!

He was so sure he had never tasted anything like this before in all the years of his existence and for once, he wanted to shake the boy whilst pulling him in a hug but he pushed the thought away, simply going for another piece of the baked delight, and chugging it down like he had been hungry for ages.

His reaction made Felix laugh and he found himself joining in.

'By the way, as you mentioned- how am I your first friend, hmm?'

Changbin looked up over his coffee and found the boy gazing out the window, with a serene expression on his face,

Felix didn't turn to him but with his figure as relaxed as it was previously, he found himself patting internally at his own shoulder. The question seemed to not make the boy uncomfortable- that was the last thing he'd want to do.

'I've...never made friends. Never had them. Except for Mother, until a week ago, I didn't even know of anyone or talk to anyone for that sake. I've always lived within the confines of my previous house and now here.'

Felix turned to glance at him and he found something similar to maturity and sadness?

The expression on the boy's face was so different from what he usually held but Changbin wasn't going to speak or push him to say anything else,

He was glad that Felix was opening up to him, bit by bit as, it was enough.

'So...I'm always anxious, whilst meeting new people. It's crazy, there are loads of reasons behind it but one is that I've never been the one for human interaction.'

Felix chuckled, shaking his head as if to push away some thoughts,

It was silent for a while, Changbin not asking anything, simply focusing on his coffee before he remembered it,

'Ah...Lixie?'

'Yes, Hyungie?'

Fuck-his heart.

'I actually wanted to tell you something...tomorrow, I've got to go to the company. They wanted to see our projects in person so...I might be gone for long.'

Felix stayed silent before he replied, 'It's alright, Binnie hyung. It's your work after all.'

'It's not only that, Lix.'

Changbin bit his lip, he was scared of saying this but he knew he had to.

'You know of the flat right opposite to us?'

'I saw it on the first day when I arrived, it had no nameplates.'

'That was because it was under construction, the thing is...it's mine. I brought it by myself, and since I can't leave my mother alone at this age, I brought it right opposite to this one.

I'll be moving there by this weekend. You know, living alone by myself because I'm independent now?'

Something flashed through those amber-colored eyes and Changbin found himself cursing internally for being the reason behind the sudden sullenness of the boy but he knew he had to break it out or his mother would, by tonight's dinner,

'So...I'm not gonna see you anymore?'-Felix asked, voice soft contrasting to his usual deep tone, which had come as a surprise in the beginning to Changbin, but he knew the boy was anything but similar to his voice. 

Felix was a soft teddy-like thing. Soft, fragile, needing to be protected. Even though he could be sassy a couple of times, he had a soft heart, from what Changbin could make out.

'NO-ofcourse not-come on! Do you think I won't want to see my brother anymore? I just told you because Mum was going to tell it this evening. You can visit me anytime you want, hmm? I'll share the pin to the door as well and you can actually stay in my apartment if you want, I've got no issues. Besides, do you think now I can survive without those delicious brownies of yours, yeah?'

Finding the blonde break out into a grin, Changbin found himself relaxing, the tension he didn't know existed in the air suddenly disappearing,

'Okay, I'll miss you though. I'll visit you all the time!'

'And it'll be my pleasure, little one.'

The alpha didn't know what made him do it, but he found himself patting Felix's head,

What was even more surprising was that the male got off the carpeted ground and shuffled close only to stand in front of him with open arms,

'Hugs?'

And Changbin found himself smiling so wide, he was afraid his jaw was going to break-

'All you need.'

And Felix, for the first time in a while, experienced a different soft hug, a feeling of being protected, knowing now he had a brother to rely on, his Changbinnie hyung whose arms made him feel ever so safe and comfortable.

The omega giggled away, swaying both of them until they continued to laugh and make jokes.

More hugs were shared and suddenly Changbin realized just what Felix's mother meant when she said the boy was a cuddle bug-

He was. A certain kind of cuddle bug that one would miss when he wasn't there to share his own kind of hugs, sweet and sufficing to the heart, something that made Changbin happy and forget his life for a moment.

Sure, the boy was a sunshine. 

Like coffee during a tiring day, like chocolates when one has low sugar. 

He was truly a ball of energy. 

One that he'd protect to fight for, shall dullness ever appear. 

---