"I wish I had told you in advance, I was thinking of the Young Lady as a love rival."

A glow spread across Evelyn's face.

"Are you saying that you will consider what I am saying?"

Hermia snapped her finger.

"Yes, I'll do what you wish. But..."

Aside from what she and Evelyn wanted, the reality was not so easy. The days of obtaining everything with just the fact that she was the Emperor's daughter had already passed centuries ago. Hermia had been struggling to get what she wanted.

It seemed necessary that she had to inform the ferocious, blind noble maiden in front of her.

"The Young Lady and Lord Cassius are already engaged. Moreover, you held the wedding proposal ceremony lavishly. This will not be easy."

"I am aware of that, though the Princess is my only hope."

Saying so, Evelynn stared earnestly at her before opening her mouth again.

"I will do anything I can, so please."

"If it's something the Young Lady can do..."

Hermia's eyes narrowed and she asked again, "Will you really do anything?"

"Yes."

Evelyn nodded.

"I will do anything as long as it does not harm my family."

"Very well."

At that, Hermia's voice became cheerful.

"Let me spend the night with Lord Cassius."

* * *
"Yes...?"

I doubted my ears for a moment.

Meanwhile, Princess Hermia smiled softly.

"You're more deaf than you appear, I want you to let me and Lord Cassius spend the whole night together."

I became dumbfounded.

...Was this what I am thinking right now?

"That, that means..."

She cut off my words.

"It doesn't matter to the Young Lady what will happen."

I swallowed dry saliva. What Hermia was implying was clear.

She would pretend to have spent the night with Cassius, so that she would forcefully marry him. In fact, this could not have been better than this for me. Because the divorce will be due to his infidelity, I can protect my honor, and it would be an embarrassing incident for the Duke of Brudenell.

The problem was that the opponent was Cassius Brudenell.

'...I think it would be enough for him to just kill the Princess.'

I looked straight at her.

"It's dangerous."

Hermia chuckled.

"Young Lady Garneid must be really afraid of wonderful things."

"Aren't you afraid, Your Highness?"

"Not at all."

Saying so, she smiled languidly.

"Lord Cassius cannot touch even a single finger of the royal bloodline. That's the contract between the Duke of Brudenell and our Imperial Family."

"You may be fine physically, though there are many ways to get humans into the abyss."

Knowing that she could reap her own judgment to help me, I could not stop my words. Was it fortunate, or was it unhappiness?