Chapter Two:A Touch of evil

JUGHEAD's voiceover
Previously on Riverdale...This story is about a town,once wholesome and innocent,now forever changed by the mysterious death of Jason
Blossom on the 4th of July.
In School Hallway
Archie says to Geraldine "Can we talk, Ms. Grundy?" Geraldine says to Archie "About what?"
Archie says to Geraldine "You're the music eacher,can we talk about music?"
At Sweetwood River
GUNSHOT IN DISTANCE

In the Music Room
Archie says to Geraldine "We heard what we heard and afterwards we didn't do anything."
Geraldine says to Archie "How would we explain why we were together at 6:00 a.m. on the 4th of July?"
In Fred's office
Hermione says to Fred "Hello, Fred."
Fred says to Hermione 0Can I get you anything?"
Hermione says to Fred "A job."
Fred says to Hermione "I can't very well have
the wife of Hiram Lodge on trial for fraud and embezzlement,balancing my books."
In School Hallway
Kevin says to Veronica "Betty and Archie are endgame."
At Coopers house
Betty says to Archie "I'm not gonna ask what you
did with Veronica at Cheryl's.I'm asking you now, right now,if you love me,Archie."
Archie says to Betty "I can't give you the answer you want."
At Sweetwood River
Kevin says to Moose "Oh,my God,it's Jason.
He was shot."
Jughead's voiceover
I think many of us,maybe the entire town,had been hoping against hope that somehow Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th.That we'd come to school Monday morning,and there Jason would be.Or that we'd see him and Cheryl in a booth at Pop's.But that was before the undeniable,irrevocable fact of his bloated,water-logged body, a corpse with a bullet hole in its forehead,and terrible secrets that could only be revealed by the cold,steel blade of a coroner's autopsy scalpel,or the telltale beating of a guilty heart."
In Archie's bedroom
Archie tossing and turning and Archie has a flashback
At Sweetwood River
Archie and Mrs Grundy making out until they hear a GUNSHOT IN DISTANCE

In Archie's bedroom
Archie grabs his phone and Archie starts texting Betty
Archie:R U up? Can we talk?
In Betty's bedroom
Betty's PHONE VIBRATES
Betty:No...And no.
In Archie's bedroom
Archie undraws half his his blinds
Archie texting Betty
Archie:Please?!
In Betty's bedroom
Betty walks towards her bedroom window and Betty turns her light off and Archie puts his trousers on
In the streets
Archie running to Mrs Grundy's house

In Archie's bedroom Archie undraws half his his blinds Archie texting Betty Archie:Please?!In Betty's bedroom Betty walks towards her bedroom window and Betty turns her light off and Archie puts his trousers on In the streets Archie running to Mrs...

Archie SIGHS
Archie BREATHING HEAVILY
Archie KNOCKING
Geraldine says to Archie "Archie,what are you doing here?"
Archie let's himself in
Archie says to Geraldine "It wasn't fireworks, Ms. Grundy." Geraldine says to Archie "You can't be here,Archie." Archie says to Geraldine "On July 4th,it was a gunshot we heard."
Geraldine says to Archie "You can't come to my house." Archie says to Geraldine "Probably the shot that killed Jason Blossom."
Geraldine puts on her glasses
Geraldine says to Archie "We know exactly what the police know.That a gun was fired.That a boy was shot.We don't know by whom."
Archie says to Geraldine "We know when it was fired.That's something the police still don't know."
Geraldine SIGHS
Geraldine says to Archie "They're performing an autopsy." Archie says to Geraldine "We could call them, anonymously."
Geraldine says to Archie "This is not a negotiation,Archie.This is our lives.If anybody knows that we were there,I could lose my job. You could be expelled.We could go to jail."
In Andrews house
Fred says to Vegas "All right.Here you go,Vegas."
Fred gives Vegas a piece of bacon
Fred says to Vegas "Good boy.Wow."
Archie walks in
Archie says to Fred "Morning,Dad."
Fred says to Archie "Hey,bud.Where'd you sneak off to last night?" Archie says to "You,uh,you heard that?"
Fred and Archie drying up
Fred says to Archie "Son,I've been hearing you sneak out since you were eight years old going to Jughead's tree house." Archie says to Fred "I couldn't sleep.Went for a jog to tire myself out."
Fred says to Archie "Yeah? Got something on your mind?" Archie says to Fred "Just all this stuff with Jason." Fred says to Archie "Hmm.
No more midnight runs until the police catch
whoever it was that shot that poor kid.I swear to God,this town."
In Betty's bedroom
Hal KNOCKING on Betty's door and Hal and Alice walks in
Hal says to Betty "Hey,honey? We just wanted you to know,it's gonna be a bit of a late night for us." Alice says to Hal "It's going to be a lot of late nights for us.I mean,an accidental drowning,who cares? But the sociopathic son of the wealthiest family in town, murdered? That's a national
obsession waiting to happen."
Hal says to Alice "He's barely in his grave,Alice."
Alice says to Hal "Can you warm up the car,Hal? I'll be right down."
Hal walks out and Hal closes the door
Alice says to Betty "Betty,you know what I love most about you? It's that you always want
to see the good in people.Even people like Cheryl Blossom and Veronica Lodge and Archie Andrews.But when they betrayed you this weekend,you saw their true colors,didn't you?"
Betty says to Alice "I did.I definitely did."
Alice says to Betty "So no backsliding.No Cheryl. No Veronica and..." Betty says to Alice "No Archie."
At Andrews House
DOORBELL RINGING and Archie opens it
Betty says to Alice "Walk me to school?"
In the Streets
Betty says to Archie "I needed time to process...
To separate what my mom wants from what I want.I think I want." Archie says to Betty "Which is?" Betty says to Archie "My mom says I should
never speak to you again.But I...Even though you don't like me like that,I still want us to be friends...Best friends." Archie says to Betty "You do?" Betty says to Archie "Yeah."
Archie smiles
Archie says to Betty "I mean,that's great,Betty. Me,too." Betty says to Archie "I'd be lying if I said
that it didn't hurt." Archie says to Betty "And I'm sorry,Betty.I didn't do it to be a...I don't know,I just...I thought it would be better in the long run."
Betty cuts Archie's words off
Betty says to Archie "And it will be.Oh,and don't tell my mom that we're friends again."
In School Hallway
Students putting things and flowers at Jason's locker and Archie stares at Jason's locker and Jughead is standing behind Archie
Jughead says to Archie "Hi.Do you think I can use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of PE? Sorry,Coach,I'm just too depressed and freaked-out right now to do pull-ups."
Archie getting books out of his locker and Archie closes his locker
Archie says to Jughead "Don't joke about Jason Blossom." Jughead says to Archie "What?Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world.
Jughead SCOFFS
Jughead says to Archie "Look,it's the rich kids from The Goonies.All right,I'm out."
Jughead walks away from Archie and Reggie shoves Jughead
Reggie says to Jughead "Watch it,Wednesday Addams."
Archie walks away from the lockers
Kevin says to Betty "Now that romance is off
the table,I'll just say it.Are we 100% sure that Archie's straight? Because no straight man has that body." Betty says to Kevin "Speaking of bodies...Have you recovered from finding Jason's?" Kevin says to Betty "It was more traumatising having to explain to my dad...what I was doing with Moose at the river.Yet another perk of being the sheriff's son."
In reception Office
Kevin says to Betty "Oh,my God,those are gorgeous." Kevin says to Doris "Are those for Betty,Mrs. Philips?" Doris says to Kevin "That's why I called her."
Kevin picks up the note and Kevin reads the note to Betty
Kevin says to Betty "Dear Betty,please forgive me,XOXO,V.Who the hell is V?"
Betty says to Kevin "Veronica."
Veronica says to Kevin "Veronica."
Veronica says to Betty "The yellow is for friendship.I also had Magnolia cupcakes flown in from New York.Because,as my mom likes to say,
There's no wrong the right cupcake can't fix.
Also I...I've booked us for hers-and-hers mani-pedis at Chez Salon.Blowouts,too.I am so,so sorry,Betty.I don't know what happened to me that night.It was such a basic bitch move.It was like I was...Possessed by..."
Kevin says to Veronica "Madame Satan?"
Veronica says to Betty "The old Veronica.And I will never,ever do anything like that to you again.
I swear on my mother's pearls.Just,can you please give me one more chance?"
Betty says to Veronica "Okay."
Kevin says to Betty "What?"
Veronica says to Betty "What? Really? Awesome. I'll take it and you won't regret it.Okay.And I'll bring these to lunch so we can celebrate!"
BELL RINGING
Veronica says to Betty "Bye."
Veronica walks out
Betty says to Kevin "It's the path of least resistance,Kev.A week ago,Veronica and I weren't friends.Next week,we'll nod to each other as we pass in the hall, but that's it.You know,in two weeks,she won't even remember my name.
And in three,she'll have latched he to some other girl to destroy."
In Waldo's office
Waldo says to everyone on the mic "Good morning,students.This is your principal speaking.There have been many inquiries
about the upcoming pep rally.So let me state clearly,it is happening,as scheduled.Now,on a less felicitous note,if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller."
Tom says to everyone "Most of you already know the details...but your classmate Jason Blossom's
body was found late Saturday night."
In Girls Bathroom
Melody is shocked by the news
In Waldo's office
Tom says to everyone "So as of the weekend, Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide.
It is an open and ongoing investigation."
Tom's words get cut off by Cheryl
Cheryl says to everyone "And may I interject, neither I nor my parents will rest until Jason's
death is avenged,and his cold-hearted killer is walking the green mile to sit in Old Sparky and fry.I,for one,have my suspicions. #RiverdaleStrong."
Tom says to everyone "If you know anything that could help us find and apprehend Jason's killer,
or anything about what happened to him on July 4th,I strongly urge you to come forward immediately.You can speak with me or Principal Weatherbee.A death like this wounds us all.Let's not let Jason down."
In School Hallway
Archie slashing water on his face
Jughead says to Archie "Archie.Weirdest thing. This summer,we were supposed to go on a road trip over July 4th weekend...Which you bailed on at the last minute."
Jughead walks closer to Archie
Jughead says to Archie "Is there something you wanna tell me,pal?"
Archie looks guilty