"Yeah, I got you."

"I honestly don't know what I want so you can freestyle and just send me what you come up with. I know I'll fall in love with whatever you do."

He nodded. "I got you."

"Thanks. That's all I needed, so I'm gonna go."

"You don't have to."

"I do, I got some things to take care of."

He looked defeated. "Let me walk you out then." His hand tightly grabbed mine. Apart of me was saying to pull away and not to be that ex, but the other half of me was enjoying his touch.

I could feel her staring and I lowkey felt bad.

When we got outside, I slipped my hand away.

"Look Mya, she's just a friend."

"Chris, you're single. You don't have to explain anything to me."

"But I— if I would've known you were coming, she wouldn't have been here."

"Stop, please. It's okay."

He shook his head, he looked so distraught, like he fucked up or something. "I'll have those logos done for you in a few days."

"It's no rush, get to it when you can."

"Alright."

"I gotta go, for real. Thanks again." I quickly kissed his cheek then went around to my car and got in. Pulling off I finally let out that breath that I was holding. Blinking away the tears, I took my phone out of my purse and dialed Tim. I needed a laugh and I knew he'd give me one.

His phone rung for forever, then he finally answered. "Y'all always call me when I'm taking a good nap dawg."

"Boy bye. Get up, come to my house. I'm sad and need my big brother around to make me laugh."

"What's wrong?"

"I'll tell you later."

"Alright. I'll be there in an hour."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

When I got to a stop light, the tears that I fought just filled my eyes then. Why am I crying? I literally signed up for this!

Am I being selfish for wanting him to stay single forever so that if I decided to want him back he'd be available? I don't want another woman to make him feel, the way I do.

He kissed Nia...I was supposed to divorce him, right?

Right?

•••

"How many times I gotta tell you to lock your damn door! What you think they don't rob rich people?" Tim said but I paid him no attention. My head was buried in arms on top of the counter. I've had a headache since earlier. "So you ready to tell me why you sad and shit?"

Finally sitting up and looking at him, I sighed. "Chris is seeing someone." A pout formed on my face.

"How you know?"

"Went to his building to ask him about creating a logo for me and she was there. When he saw me, he wanted to panic and I'm not sure why. My impulsive thinking is why he's free to date."

"No, him being unfaithful opened the door, you didn't have to walk through it though."

"He begged me not to do it Tim but my pride was too big. I couldn't be labeled as that girl who's weak. Everybody's going to see me take him back after what he's done. I couldn't face that."