Chapter 17 - Clearing the Path

~ Annabelle's POV ~

Junichi and I ran inside as we followed Victor's direction to go to the 5th floor where the main room will be. There we will find Stephen and the head of the Silvers.

We both ran as quickly as we could while holding our weapons tightly.

Camera took our every move as the head of the Silvers pounded his fists on the table in front of him, "They're inside! What kind of guards do I have?!"

The double doors opened from behind as Stephen stood with a stern look on his face. His eyes were shining with pure confidence.

The head turned around and smiled, "Stephen Addison...the son of the Addison family."

Stephen maintained his composure.

"You must know already...your sister is here to save you and so are your "friends"," the head spoke with his hands behind his back, pacing around. "Who knows what may happen to them? I have already sent guards all around the campus, I bet they won't last long."

"Why...", Stephen spoke under his breath as the head stopped moving around.

"Why? Heh...because of their power. With their power, this company can become unstoppable. Even with the Luther family, who are under my grasp!"

"The Luther—!"

Stephen was cut off when Junichi's family were revealed, being tied up and their powers draining slowly away from them.

The head laughed, "This is what the Silver family is all about!"

Stephen clenched his teeth as he held his guns and dashed towards him.

We continued to run until two guards appeared and shot bullets toward us.

Our eyes widened as I took my rod and twirled it within my fingers to hit against the bullets and let them hit the guards back. They fell to the ground as we kept on going and ran towards the elevator.

We pushed the button to go up when other guards came toward us.

I swung my rod and knocked two guards out that were trying to get near me.

Junichi kicked one guard in the stomach and shot him and another guard with his gun.

The elevator opened and closed. We pressed 5 which had a star next to it and the elevator lifted.

We stood quietly as it lifted. The silence was a bit awkward, based on the situation we were in.

Then, he spoke, "Umm...Annabelle?"

"Yeah?"

"Is it okay if I ask you something after this?"

"Sure. But why are you blushing so much?"

"I-It's nothing."

I shrugged my shoulders, "Um, okay. I guess."

Suddenly, the elevator stopped and the lights went out. "You will stop there, there is no reason for you to be here!", a guard said.

I started to tremble as I bent down to my knees and closed my eyes.

"Annabelle, are you okay?", Junichi asked as he bent down and placed a hand on my back.

"This darkness....reminds me of that night.."

"That night?"

"The night..I lost my mother and father.."