"You can be more detailed, you know," I said.

He thought about it for a while, "I had to interview PA applicants myself and it was draining."

"Why? How many could there be?" I wondered since the position had been advertised discreetly—by voice and ears to those who seem beyond qualified only.

A small smile, though tired, formed on his lips, "Ten. But it was tiring, trust me."

"Well, I think you'll be able to filter one out of ten. If not, I can help you choose." My stomach rumbled as another meal was set on the table. "I know how much of a handful you can be after all."

"No, no..." he drank some wine, "I've already chosen one."

That was it for dinner. The night ended with me fawning over Nikolas, continuing the thirst once I had woken up. Tuesday was boring as I decided to lay low for a while, give the man time to think. Although tempted, I had no interaction with him and instead brought my attention to Sean Caron, my type of boy if I were more into boys.

Attraction may be compared to hypnosis, you see. Fractionation is a deepening technique wherein people are taken in and out of trance with rapid succession. The idea is to fall into trance, fall out, in, and out, repeat until the experience turns intense. I see this pattern everywhere: books, movies, relationships, and many more where manipulation of human emotions are involved. Give a bit, take away, give, and take away. Leave them wanting after each repeat, almost like a child being teased by candy on a string. Create frustration, trigger distress, make them lash out in a way where they come storming for the goal themselves.

On Wednesday, the only moment I had with Nikolas was brief on the second floor's hallway. He was heading to the auditorium where there had been a fight between two students and I was heading to fourth period, walking with Aiden to Philo.

Nikolas Camillo had his eyes on me from meters away. His hands were swaying as he walked, masculine with his shoulders straight and his chin up. The principal's body was clad in a navy blue suit jacket with a white dress shirt and no tie, simple light denim pants on his legs. It had me wondering again about his wife and whether or not that bitch plans what he wears. I can do better.

There's this one psychological phenomenon that I love. The idea is that people develop a preference for things when they've been exposed to it multiple times. See a person again and again, you grow attached to them. This aids to fractionation in a manner that the more times you push and pull away, the more inducement grows.

His face at first did not necessarily show whether or not my oops-I-dropped-this move had bothered him, but the glance he threw was good enough proof to make a weak foundation of. Neither did his expression give away his opinion of me. Despite the tension in the hall, I smiled—innocent enough which earned me a weird look. That's when I knew it: I've made my mark.

Today is lunchtime on a Thursday and Aiden Phillips is once again my company along with Jie, busy cramming, Sean, busy with his phone, and Jeric, busy messing around.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna be late for our group study," Aiden said after a while, leaning close. His blonde hair looked different. He had it cut.

The low fade suited him nicely, the green color of his eyes becoming more noticeable. I've always wanted green eyes or blue, at least, but then I already don't know how to act right with plain browns.

"Why? Anything wrong?" I asked, taking a break from rewriting my notes.

"The council has a meeting with the admins for Students' Week," he cleared his throat, "It's only an hour long so I'll catch up pretty early."