Part 17 : Circumstances

Start from the beginning

Aniket gave him an annoying look. His Bhaiya's scolding would be worse than the tiny nail.

"Apni shakal dekho, Bhaiyu!" Aryan laughed.

Aniket gave him a sugar coated smile. "Aur mai Bhaiya ko bata doon next week se tera school hai aur tera ek bhi homework complete nhi hai?"

Aryan paled. He would be dead if his Bhaiya got to know that. In school they could get away with the holiday homework for around ten days which gave sufficient time to Aryan to complete it. But obviously his Bhaiya wouldn't appreciate the idea.

Aniket chuckled at his horrified expressions. "Ab kya hua?"

Aryan pouted. "Kyun bache pe zulm kar rhe ho? Hitler maar dalenge mujhe."

Aniket smiled and shook his head. "Ek number ka drama queen hai tu, Aru."

Aryan yawned. "So Jaye, Bhaiyu?"

Aniket nodded and lied down pulling Aryan beside him who immediately snuggled to him.

"Aru?" Aniket said after a few moments of silence.

Aryan looked at him.

"I'm sorry, Bachcha."

"Kis liye, Bhaiyu?"

Aniket sighed. "Aaj Jo bhi—"

"Aapke kehne ka woh matlab nhi hoga na, Bhaiyu! Mujhe pata hai." Aryan cut him off gently. "Pata nhi kyun mai upset ho gya. I know you'll never mean it that way, Bhaiyu."

"Phir bhi, bachcha..."

Aryan shook his head and cuddled to him. "Yeh sab mat socho, Bhaiyu. Aapki galti nhi thi."

Aniket pulled him closer. He could be at peace with himself knowing that his little brother wasn't upset anymore. He was grateful his brother loved him enough to look past the actions and understand the intentions. Aryan was never the one to judge quickly. That was Arnav's child in him!

Next day was Ayaansh's first day at his music classes. The boy was going frenzy with happiness and excitement. He had gotten ready two hours ago and was now sitting on the kitchen counter glancing at the clock every other minute. Arnav walked into the kitchen to prepare breakfast and found Ayaansh sitting on the counter with his palms under his chin.

Ayaansh saw Arnav and complained almost immediately. "Dekho, Bhaiya, yeh ghadi chal hi nhi rhi hai."

"Good morning to you too, Ayu."

Ayaansh ignored the sarcasm and continued. "Sach me, Bhaiya, ek ghante se sirf 5 se 15 pe aayi hai iski sui."

Arnav shook his head in amusement. He was glad to see that side of Ayaansh surfacing. His whine was way better than his polite and soft tone for his age.

"Hat yahan se, I need to prepare breakfast." Arnav said, taking out something from the fridge.

"Haan toh bana lo aap, mai yahi baitha hoon." Ayaansh said, swinging his legs. "Kya bana rhe ho?" He asked and cringed when he saw the breads.

"Grilled sandwiches. Ani ko khani thi kal." Arnav said casually as he washed the vegetables.

Ayaansh was surprised. He thought his Bhaiya was upset with his Bhaiyu? He wanted to ask but resisted. It was between Arnav and Aniket, he couldn't intrude.

"Tere liye kuch aur bana doon?" Arnav asked.

Ayaansh shook his head. "Madad kar doon mai aapki?" He asked stepping down from the counter.

Arnav wanted to deny but he knew Ayaansh knew the basics of cooking. Moreover he didn't want to make Ayaansh feel like an outsider in his own home. He could do whatever he wanted to or liked to.