[Chapter Eight] | Shopping Trip [Part Two]

Start from the beginning

"What was that for?"

"Ah, ah, ah, N/N.~" Yumiko said this in a rather teasing voice. "What makes you say that we're done here?"

"...Eh?"

"Yup, yup! She's right, L/N-kun! The fun's just beginning!" Hina excitedly exclaimed.

Eleanor nodded. "Correct, Y/N. We didn't come here to buy just one outfit."

Y/N sighed. "Give me a break already..." He muttered.

"Nope.~ Consider this your punishment, N/N.~" Yumiko growled slightly, still a little bit pissed off at him for not returning her texts and calls.

The brown-haired teen could only resign to his fate, now being a subject to his mother's, Yumiko's, and Hina's dress-up doll. And so, he would end up waiting within the changing booth, all while the three women would go around the clothing store and pick out different outfits and see which ones would fit his tastes.

He was brought jackets, shirts, t-shirts, pants, shorts, khakis, jeans, all kinds of things. But like many people, Y/N was drawn to many of the darker colors rather than the lighter ones. Picking out a black zipper-up jacket, pairing it with a red undershirt and khaki pants, this was something of a casual wear he could do for the Winter or Fall. For some summer clothing, a nice simple white t-shirt with a simple design on it was there, a nice little tee of a yellow sun with shades whilst also at the beach. Again, this type of shirt could be worn with almost all shorts.

But he also received some rather questionable clothing. Probably from Hina. Some rather questionable outfits considered some skimpy things, a speedo for some reason was included. Of course, Y/N refused to go out and wear this, especially in front of the girl he considered his crush. Hina somehow even got him girls' lingerie and slipped it in for him to wear, which something Y/N looked at with disgust. However, he was still impressed by Yumiko's and his mother's taste in clothing.

In a separate pile, there were some polos. Varied colors like dark blue, some dull dark green, and some with stripes of contrasting colors. But these selected clothes did pair well with the variety of different khakis and tan colored pants and shorts they picked out. And of course, they wouldn't let him go unless he went out and showed the appearance to them. He was met with looks of approval from his mother and Hina, but whenever his gaze looked to Yumiko, she would either say nothing or just look away and twirl her chest-length hair with her finger and respond with a simple, "It looks great." If there's anything he's picked up in the few weeks he's been back and spent with Yumiko, he knows that whenever she doesn't answer him or looks away and plays with her curls whilst giving a meek response, that must mean that she doesn't want to admit something. Something that involves not speaking up for what she truly means and merely just hiding it.

Soon after paying for the clothing, bags upon bags in the boy's hands, they began to depart and head home for the day. Although they offered to take the girls' home with their car, Yumiko and Hina denied politely as they would take the metro instead.

They soon bid each other farewell and headed home.

---

That's how the day ended. Yumiko continued to lay in her bed, her face still beet red as she continued to remember constantly of the outfits she had Y/N try on. She's always considered her clothing to be spot on, considering she's always put an effort to make herself look good whenever she goes on outings with her friends or tries to make herself at least stylish when wearing her uniform. It's how she gained popularity in the first place, her looks boosting her to the top spot of being one of the most beautiful girls in school.

While she did indeed like Hayato Hayama, perhaps considering him to be her future partner, that sentence Ebina had told her still echoed within her head. Why did she have to put that thought into her?

To take her mind off of things, she quickly scrolled through her music library and put on a song.

Well I was sitting, waiting, wishing
You believed in superstitions
Then maybe you'd see the signs
But Lord knows that this world is cruel
And I ain't the Lord, no I'm just a fool
Learning loving somebody don't make then love you

Must I always be waiting, waiting on you?
Must I always be playing, playing your fool?

I sang your songs, I danced your dance
I gave your friends all a chance
But putting up with them wasn't worth never having you
Ah, maybe you've been through this before
But it's my first time so please ignore
The next few lines 'cause they're directed at you

I can't always be waiting, waiting for you
I can't always be playing, playing your fool

I keep playing your part
But it's not my scene
Want this plot to twist
I've had enough mystery
Keep building it up
But then you're shooting me down
But I'm already down

Just wait a minute
Just sitting, waiting
Just wait a minute
Just sitting, waiting

Well if I was in your position
I'd put down all my ammunition
I'd wonder why'd it taken me so long
But Lord knows that I'm not you
And if I was I wouldn't be so cruel
'Cause waiting on you ain't so easy to do

Must I always be waiting, waiting on you?
Must I always be playing, playing your fool?

No I can't always be waiting, waiting on you
I can't always be playing, playing your fool

Fool, hm, hm

(A/N): Song - Sitting, Waiting, Wishing by Jack Johnson

At one point in her life, she did feel like a fool. A fool to believe that fateful was nothing more than a lie and Y/N would show up the next day. What he told her was nothing but a joke, something to get a laugh out of her.

But when he didn't show up, she still waited, wishing, and hoping that he would come back. His travel overseas wouldn't be too long, being at least away for a week at best. However, when it took so long, too long for her to realize that he wasn't coming back for what seemed to be like an inevitable time, she felt like a fool. A fool to believe that he would come back despite all the things they did together.

They both sang and danced with each other. Music was what brought them together.

For some reason, she could understand what the meaning behind this song was, but she couldn't remember. Well, at least she told herself that she understood it. She couldn't necessarily understand the poetic words the songs composed, something Y/N was far more adept at.

But still... She couldn't help but feel a stinging pain in her heart. A pain that she hadn't felt since that day.

[Chapter Eight] | Shopping Trip [Part Two]

---

A rather short one compared to last chapter. But my goal isn't to make super long chapters anyway as this story is going to be one of the more shorter ones.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter! Until the next one.