Chapter 4

Valentina

I locked myself in the dormitory bathroom to get ready for the Ravenclaw party, a promise I'd made to Enzo that I had no intention of breaking. I wanted to put my thoughts aside and simply enjoy the evening.

I chose a black dress that fell slightly above my knees and braided my hair to keep it in place.

I'd told the boys I'd join them once I'd finished getting ready. I didn't want to keep them waiting, especially after being so late earlier in the day.

As I left the dormitory, I crossed the Slytherin common room and headed for the astronomy tower where the Ravenclaw party was taking place.

The climb up to the astronomy tower would be a bit tricky in heels, so I decided to use the floo flame in the common room to teleport myself up.

I grabbed some floo powder and vanished into the green flames. The sensation of whirling through space was always a little disorientating, but at least I arrived at my destination without getting tired.

Once at the astronomy tower, I checked my appearance in a window and adjusted my slightly rumpled dress.

I pushed open the door and entered the room where the party was in full swing. The subdued blue lights, the music and the laughter created a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.

 The subdued blue lights, the music and the laughter created a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere

Enzo, Matt and Theo were already together, and their presence immediately warmed my heart. I was greeted by a warm smile from Enzo, who beckoned me to join him, arms open for a friendly embrace.

"There's our favourite girl!" Theo shouted as he put his arm around my shoulders.

"You're still a traitor to me, Nott," I retorted, crossing my arms, my false vexation displayed on my face.

Mattheo joined the group, handing me a glass of firewhiskey with a friendly gesture. I grabbed the glass and took a sip of the hard liquor to relax. "What's he done now?" asked Mattheo with a sneer.

"You'd know if you'd come to class yesterday," I replied, taking another sip. "Where were you anyway?" I added, narrowing my eyes playfully.

Before he could reply, a hand grabbed mine and pulled me back. I turned to see Aura pulling me along with infectious energy. She looked like she'd already had a few drinks and her enthusiasm was palpable.

"You're here at last! Come and dance!" she urged me with a beaming smile.

I gave the boys a knowing look before downing my drink in one gulp and following Aura onto the dance floor.

The alcohol had slowly begun to ignite my cheeks, and I danced as if my life depended on it. I savoured every moment of the party, letting myself go completely and letting myself be carried away by the intoxicating music.

However, I'd perhaps overdone it a little, and the effect was noticeable. Eventually I found Theodore and Mattheo, who seemed to be engaged in a lively discussion.