Crowley's eyes scanned the mess before they hardened like blocks of ice. The air in the cafeteria seemed to grow much darker and colder, making Yuu tremble slightly.

"YOU. THREE. AGAIN." The headmage bellowed, voice dripping with wrath. "What have you done this time?!" He demanded with a glare.

Yuu heard a dizzy remark from Grim, not bothering to pay attention.

"Burning a statue wasn't enough for you? Now you've destroyed a chandelier?!" He exclaimed, his cloak seeming to ruffle like the feathers of an irritated bird. His head snapped to look at the group, practically bearing his teeth at them. "Enough. All of you are expelled."

"Whaaaaaaaaat?!" Came the cry of despair from the two boys. Yuu, however, remained silent in shame and terror. Her dark eyes widened, the worry she felt for her unborn child flaring up like a barely contained wildfire.

Deuce fell to his knees and began to plead with the headmage. "Headmage, please! Give me a second chance! I can't get expelled from this school! I need to be here!" The poor boy looked close to tears.

"Then blame yourself for your own foolish behavior." Crowley stated dismissively.

"Please! I'll pay for the damages! However much it costs!" Deuce attempted to bargain.

Crowley looked down at Deuce, unmoved. "That chandelier is no mere light fixture. It is a magical chandelier." Crowley began to explain the chandelier's value, telling the group about its history and importance.

"Considering its historical value, I would estimate its worth to be no less than a billion thaumarks. And you intend to repay that sum?" He concluded, his questioning glare burning through the teens.

"A... a billion marks?!" Deuce yelped, fearful.

"B-But I'm sure with your magical talent, sir, you could snap your fingers and fix it right up!" Ace trembled, fully aware of the trouble they were all in.

"Don't be ridiculous! Even magic has its limits." Crowley scoffed. "Furthermore, its magestone - the figurative heart of any magical artifact - is cracked. A magestone cannot easily be replaced." He explained. "I fear the candles of this majestic chandelier will never burn again."

She watched as Ace looked down, ashamed and muttering to himself. He looked like a kicked puppy, given the Headmage's seemingly unchanging mind.

"What am I going to do?! How am I going to tell my mother...?" Deuce lamented, clutching his fists.

Yuu turned, her eyes meeting the headmage's. One final, desperate plea for him to allow them to prove themselves. And for a split second, she thought that she'd seen the bird man's eyes soften before he looked at the two students.

"Ah...! But there may be one way." He held up a single clawed finger. "One tiny sliver of a chance to repair this chandelier."

The boys snapped their heads up to face the man whose presence commanded the entire room. "Really?" They asked, gripping onto every word the headmage said.

"The magestone that powered this chandelier was mined from the Dwarfs' Mine." He seemed to suggest, acting as if he were thinking to himself. "If you can acquire a magestone with the same properties, it may be possible to repair it..."

"Then I'll go find a magestone!" Deuce cut in, standing up with newfound purpose. "With your permission, sir!" He bowed.

The headmage looked down, considering the proposal. "I should caution you that I cannot promise there yet remain magestones to find." He warned, looking at Yuu as if asking her what she wished to do. "The mines were closed quite some time ago. It is quite likely that all of the magestones have already been mined."

"I will do anything to avoid expulsion, sir!" Deuce cried. Yuu made silent eye contact with the headmage, pleading with him.

"Hmmm... Very well, then. I will suspend your expulsion for a single night." Crowley sighed, agreeing. "But if you fail to return with a magestone by morning, then all of you are expelled."

A grateful crow from Deuce echoed through the cafeteria, as Yuu bowed her head, thanking him.

"You should be able to reach the Dwarfs' Mine instantly by using one of the gates in the Mirror Chamber." Crowley informed the group, looking anxiously toward Yuu who'd begun to dig through the gravel, looking for her troublemaking cat.

The crow man dismissed the two boys, who left either gratefully, or with complaints, yet exited the room.

She found him, his forked tail twitching as she sighed in relief. "... Good. He survived." She muttered, calming her heart.

Grim gave a disoriented meow as he sat up. "Wh-? Where am I?!" He yelped, whipping his head around. She inspected him for a moment before whacking him upside the head.

"You idiot! You could've died!" She scolded shakily before sighing. "Honestly, you're probably gonna end up wishing you'd remained unconscious."

The young woman's ears perked as she heard her name ring through the silence. "Miss Yuu..." He spoke, looking at her, eyes slightly softer than before. Yuu stood up.

"Y-yes sir?" She questioned, bracing herself for a scolding that never came. In its stead, she heard a concerned coo.

"In your condition... are you quite certain that you should be doing something like this?"

"... I'll do my best to avoid anything too strenuous." She said, attempting to ease both the headmage's anxieties and her own. Don't you worry, your mama will protect you.

She looked at Crowley, who wore a slight frown. "...Very well." He nodded. "If you are promising me that you will be safe, then you may go."

She gave him a soft smile before giving him a slight nod. "Yes sir. I'll do my best."

He gave her a nod before patting her head slightly, reminding her of her father's actions. "Very well. I wish you luck!" He returned her smile before allowing her to leave him.

As she scurried away, with Grim at her heels, she gave a fond smile. Maybe this world wouldn't be so bad. Turning the corner, the pregnant young woman and her cat monster heard a loud groan inside the room that the teenagers would be meeting.

"Maaan... How did I end up in this mess? I swear, I have the worst luck." Ace complained loudly. Yuu rolled her eyes as she opened the door.

"Nah, your luck isn't bad." She entered, smirking teasingly. "You just like to dig your own hole."

Ace grunted, sending her a sharp look. "Oh shut up." The ginger retorted, making her snort in amusement before opening her mouth to shoot back.

"We don't have time to complain. Let's go." Deuce intervened, impatient and anxious as he turned to face the familiar large mirror.

"Dark Mirror! Take us to the Dwarfs' Mine!" Deuce calls, as Yuu feels a slight tug in her stomach and Grim's claws dig into her calf, before a brilliant flash blinds her.