✦❘༻CHAPTER 2༺❘✦

Start from the beginning

"Who... who are you? And where's Airis?" I stammer, my voice trembling with fear. He continues his approach, each step resonating with a chilling silence, refusing to provide the answers I desperately seek.

"My sweetest sister, how can you fail to recognise me?" he taunts, his voice laced with an eerie familiarity that sends a shiver racing down my spine.

"Fix your gaze upon me, Arabelle. It's none other than me Airis, your very own baby brother." his words now eerily echoed Airis's voice, there's a disquieting undertone that seemed to taunt my vulnerability.

Summoning courage, I find my voice and demand, "What have you done to him?! Don't you dare harm him. You have issues with me, keep him out of it." My words are laced with a mixture of fear and determination, a plea to protect Airis from whatever sinister force has taken hold.

He erupts into maniacal laughter, and it's quite possibly the most chilling and unsettling sound I've ever encountered."You're trembling in fear yourself, yet look at you putting on a brave facade for your sweet little brother" he mocks.

His words dripped with a disturbing glee. "I find it quite amusing, truly delightful."

"Please, I beg you, do whatever you want with me, but spare him. He's innocent," I plead, my voice quivering with desperation and tears welling up in my eyes.

His gaze remains disconcertingly composed, the unsettling smile etched onto his face like a haunting mask. In a strange twist, his features have now morphed, shedding any semblance of resemblance to Airis. A shiver courses down my spine as an ominous realization takes hold the person standing before me is no longer the brother I know.

"Save yourself first, my dear," he jeers, his deranged laughter trailing his words, his pace quickening as he advances towards me. "Then, perhaps, we can ponder the fate of your precious Airis."

With a jolt, I crawl backward further more, my body colliding with the furniture positioned behind me, ensnaring me in a corner of vulnerability. The pulsating throb of panic courses through my veins, an electric surge of helplessness that renders me utterly defenseless.

My frantic gaze sweeps across the room in a futile attempt to find an escape, but it's as if the walls have closed in around me, leaving no route for evasion. Despite my efforts, my eyes are inevitably drawn back to the figure before me, his visage an eerie magnet that defies my will to look away.

To my dread, his features contort swiftly, transforming into something eerie and menacing.The familiar features twist and warp again, as a dark aura envelops him, casting a shadow of unease that deepens with each passing moment.

In an instant, his elongated, shadowy fingers coil around my throat with a bone-chilling grip, lifting me off the ground as if I weigh nothing. A surge of unadulterated terror crashes over me, as I realize the silhouette I had dreaded, has materialized before my eyes, solidifying my worst fears into an inescapable nightmare.

 A surge of unadulterated terror crashes over me, as I realize the silhouette I had dreaded, has materialized before my eyes, solidifying my worst fears into an inescapable nightmare