Chapter 3: Avril Lavigne meets world️

Sardina

Naked.

I lay on the ground naked.

That merwitch Viola must've thought it would be fun to drop me in this land unclothed, huh? Little did she know, I had spent enough time in Bleawille's royal library reading about the human world to know how weird it was to be found roaming around uncovered like this.

Slowly, I tried to get up from the prickling beach sand. But of course, I couldn't.

I felt heavy and numb. I definitely wasn't used to having limbs for movement. My body was too used to flipping, flailing, and floating about.

I tried to get up again, only to fall back down.

I immediately missed the lightness I usually felt when I had my tail. Maybe I should go back in the water and – No. I couldn't go back to the mer-world. I needed to find Renesmee. That's what I was here for.

In an awkward snail-like style, I crawled on my belly. A dozen flips and two pushes away. That's how far the cottages at the beach were. I simply needed to try harder and get there. Preferably before anybody caught sight of me because I wasn't in the mood to discuss any pressing matters at the moment. Most crucial, I didn't like the idea of someone witnessing my nakedness in this broad daylight. I also preferred to get to Renesmee without the 'Who are you, why are you naked, where are you coming from, and where the hell are you going?' interrogations. That's all.

Despite how weird my body felt, I was finally human now. But that's simply one problem solved. Why the hell didn't anybody tell me that I actually have to search for Renesmee once I got here? I seriously should've thought this through.

Gradually, the more I crawled, the less numb I felt and the easier it was for me to get up. I managed to drag myself on my knees halfway there. By the time I reached the houses, I was trembling on my feet.

I forced myself into balance and, without caring about the voices from inside the wooden walls, I sneaked and snatched the clothes from their lines like I was doing shopping.

I hid when I heard people's voices getting closer, and when the coast cleared, I wore the blue dress I stole. I threw the rest of the clothes away because they didn't make any sense to me.

Fearing what would happen if the owner of the dress caught me, I quickly distanced myself from the area, ensuring that I went far enough to avoid being recognized as a thief. And finally, I took in a breath. Like I was breathing for the first time.

Now, I needed to find Renesmee.

I had a feeling that she couldn't stray too far from the sea because she had a genetic tie to it, but who knew. She might have travelled to goddess knew where and I might need another sorcerer to help me track her down in this overpopulated species.