𝐭𝐰𝐨 : 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

A sigh slipped past his lips as he reclined in his sleek leather chair, his gaze fixed on the view beyond the floor-to-ceiling windows, looking at the city he now called home.

His fingers absently toyed with the invitation, tracing its letters as if they held the solutions to all his questions.

Should he go?

It wasn't the idea of reconnecting with former classmates that caused him to hesitate.

Instead, it was a solitary thread of memory that continued to bind him.

Sharvi.

Parth didn't want to see Sharvi as another man's wife. Just the thought of it left a bitter taste in his mouth.

He very fondly remembered how she used to be a passionate believer in the power of love and marriage, often discussing her hopes of finding true love.

She must have found one when she made the big decision to step onto the altar.

That year, he was genuinely happy for her.

However, every fiber of his being flinched at the prospect of coming across her, especially after all these years, as another man's wife.

The news of her marriage had extinguished all hopes in his heart.

The probability of their paths crossing at reunions was high, and that was precisely why he consciously kept his distance from them and everything else related to their school, or as Abhi said, treated them like a contagious plague.

But what about this time?

What if what Abhi said was true? What if she wasn't married?

Parth's trance was interrupted as his assistant entered to inform him about a meeting.

The meeting was with a foreign client Parth's company had been in contact with for a long time.

Entering the elegantly furnished conference room with his assistant in tow, Parth spotted Mr. Smith and his assistant, Mila.

Parth and Mr. Smith exchanged warm smiles, a testament to the familiarity that had developed between them over the numerous meetings they had shared before.

"It's always a pleasure to see you, Mr. Smith." Parth greeted, extending his hand for a handshake.

Mr. Smith responded with a nod and a genuine grin, replying, "Likewise, Mr. Sharawat. Your hospitality is as remarkable as ever."

The meeting progressed swiftly.

After the meeting, as everyone stood up, Mila handed her boss an invitation. Passing the invite to Parth, Mr. Smith said, "Mr. Sharawat, Mila and I look forward to your presence at our wedding."

Seeing the surprise on Parth's face, Mr.
Smith held Mila's waist, smiled, and said, "Well, long story short: we fell in love in high school but got separated. Years later, we reconnected when she came to my company seeking a job, and the rest, as they say, is history."

"Great! You guys have a nice story," Parth gave a small smile, then extended his hand for a handshake. "Congratulations! I wish you both a prosperous marriage."